Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Woo Hoo!

Author Topic: Woo Hoo!  (Read 10938 times)

Cycoticpenguin

Woo Hoo!
« on: Dec 07, 2010, 07:41 »
Im a nuke again :) class up on the 4th! Got a job offer 2 hours after my interview haha.

... now I just gotta get qualified... again... darn it. I dont want to be a nub again :(

I must say, the 6 person panel interview was quite intimidating O.o

JustinHEMI05

Re: Woo Hoo!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2010, 07:46 »
Congrats and good luck! What plant?
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2010, 07:47 by JustinHEMI »

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2010, 07:48 »
Congrats and good luck! What plant?

Thanks! Im super excited!  I'll be working NLO at River Bend Station down in St. Francisville.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2010, 07:52 »
Ah cool. Do you class up the 4th or just start the 4th? Are they relocating you?

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2010, 07:54 »
Ah cool. Do you class up the 4th or just start the 4th? Are they relocating you?

Im not sure to be honest. One of the interviewers told me in the interview he wanted to have people class up on the 10th, so Im ASSuming I am coming down the prior week for some sort of indoc/orientation??? I intereviewed this morning, so I haven't recieved too much information yet.   And yes they are paying for all my travel fee's for the hiring process and they are giving me a decent relocation allowance. :)  Me and 11 college kids. Should be fun haha.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2010, 07:58 »
Yeah you will get a formal offer letter in the mail, along with the paperwork you will need to fill out for your security and medical. You will probably have to report to do that sort of stuff a few weeks before your actual start date. Don't worry about that now though, enjoy having something locked in for the holidays! Great feeling, I know! I remember when I was getting out of the Navy, I had a shit eating grin for my last month having a job locked up. So nice.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2010, 08:00 »
Yeah you will get a formal offer letter in the mail, along with the paperwork you will need to fill out for your security and medical. You will probably have to report to do that sort of stuff a few weeks before your actual start date. Don't worry about that now though, enjoy having something locked in for the holidays! Great feeling, I know! I remember when I was getting out of the Navy, I had a shit eating grin for my last month having a job locked up. So nice.

Im kind of concerned about celebrating christmas, then relocating myself and my wife across country in 9 days O.o  Have a lot of searching online for housing.  Thanks :) it is a great feeling  haha.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2010, 08:03 »
Yeah it will be worth it in the end though. :) When searching for a place, be careful about places you call about on craigslist. There are a lot of scams on there, even in housing.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2010, 08:08 »
Yeah it will be worth it in the end though. :) When searching for a place, be careful about places you call about on craigslist. There are a lot of scams on there, even in housing.

Ooh. Craigs list terrifies me lol. Im going to probably look up places on rent.com or something like that. I'll use my VA loan to buy a sweet house when I get my license.

Offline Neutron_Herder

• SRO / STA
  • Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2010, 08:17 »
There are some folks on here that work down that way...  I'm not sure of their work schedules right now, so if we don't hear from them on here in the next day or so I'll send an email to see if they have any suggestions about living in the area.

Not sure how long of a drive it is, but Natchez is a pretty nice town...  Not a big city or anything, but a really neat town.  If you're looking to rent, take a look at Zachary.  I think it's about half the travel time that Natchez would be.

Don't be afraid about contacting the people you were talking to while you were down there either...  You did get email addresses, right?

Congrats, and good luck!
"If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking" - Gen. George S. Patton

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2010, 08:32 »
Me and 11 college kids. Should be fun haha.

My bet is on the college kids......... psych! ;)

Rent.com is pretty good, I'd also just try "baton rouge rentals" and see what Google turns up

Offline Tigervision

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:11 »
Well I didnt get an offer and I had my interview on monday? This blows!!  :(

Offline retread

• Old, fat meter reader
  • Heavy User
  • Every day above ground is a good one
« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:16 »
Congratulations Mr. Murphy!!!  After all the  -K you've received, it's refreshing to see the support you're getting! +K
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be patient and kind.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.
In business, be competent.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2010, 10:24 »
Congratulations Mr. Murphy!!!  After all the  -K you've received, it's refreshing to see the support you're getting! +K

haha I know :) Im so excited and happy.     

tigervision ->  who knows? :( best of luck to you!   

There are some folks on here that work down that way...  I'm not sure of their work schedules right now, so if we don't hear from them on here in the next day or so I'll send an email to see if they have any suggestions about living in the area.

Not sure how long of a drive it is, but Natchez is a pretty nice town...  Not a big city or anything, but a really neat town.  If you're looking to rent, take a look at Zachary.  I think it's about half the travel time that Natchez would be.

Don't be afraid about contacting the people you were talking to while you were down there either...  You did get email addresses, right?

Congrats, and good luck!

Natchez seemed pretty far away IIRC. Drove through it this morning. Im ok with a small commute, just dont want 1 hour long drives to and fro :( Ill give the people an email and see what's what. :) thanks!

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #14 on: Dec 08, 2010, 06:40 »
Ahhhh, Louisiana... land of great (don't ask what's in it) food, and a block party every weekend somewhere in the state....

RB is in a good part of the state. The weather is nice, the people are friendly, the fishing is great. Research school systems - the town you live in is important...

Congrats, and enjoy. Good place to raise a family.
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #15 on: Dec 08, 2010, 08:01 »
Congrats and good luck
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

lawn40

« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:01 »
I have an interview on Monday the 13th there, any advice, I am an ex navy nuke as well, they are flying me in after i told them i wouldn't come if they weren't. Then the next day they called me to schedule my flights and what not.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #17 on: Dec 08, 2010, 08:57 »
I have an interview on Monday the 13th there, any advice, I am an ex navy nuke as well, they are flying me in after i told them i wouldn't come if they weren't. Then the next day they called me to schedule my flights and what not.

haha yeah,  I was so mad. I was half way down when she called and said she would give me a plane ticket haha!

Um, I thought the interview was really easy. Also, wait till you see your hotel room! Its SO ridiculous haha :)

Offline Rock Chalk Jayhawk

• Light User
  • Stay positive, and love your life!
« Reply #18 on: Dec 09, 2010, 12:19 »
Congrats, CM!  My position is union, so I paid my own gas and expenses...oh well, at least I have a job!!!!!!!

RCJ
"A shortcut's a self defeating means.  If you cannot do it clean, you'll never reach your reward. And when the day is done, what you receive is the sum of what you took out from what you put in." ~311

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #19 on: Dec 09, 2010, 12:39 »
Congrats, CM!  My position is union, so I paid my own gas and expenses...oh well, at least I have a job!!!!!!!

RCJ

Thank you! :) pmed due to my confusion lol.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?