Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Questions asked on my interview honeypot

Author Topic: Questions asked on my interview  (Read 14367 times)

Cycoticpenguin

Questions asked on my interview
« on: Dec 07, 2010, 07:59 »
For future searchers, these were the questions asked during my interview. 6 person panel interview for NLO.  Photographic memory is useful sometimes. :)

Q 1 -> "Tell us about yourself"

Q 2 -> "Tell us a time you had to persuade others and how you did or did not accomplish this"

Q 3 -> "Tell us a time you had to overcome obstacles to get something accomplished" Follow up : "Were you successful?"

Q 4 -> "What have you learned about safety, and how do you apply it in your day to day life"

Q 5 -> "What experience do you have leading others to achieve a common goal"

Q 6 -> "Why are you a good candidate and why should we hire you"

The rest of the interview was them explaining the job, what I would be doing, the schooling process, what everything entails. I had a bunch of questions in my head but they answered 95% of them. the only question I was able to ask was about schedule during the school phase. Afterwards we B.S.'ed for a few minutes and I was on my way.

good luck to future candidates.

Offline Tigervision

• Light User
Re: Questions asked on my interview
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2010, 08:57 »
I just had my interview on monday. they only asked me 5 questions. I didnt ask any question and we didnt BS around :(. I hope thats not a bad sign??

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2010, 10:25 »
I just had my interview on monday. they only asked me 5 questions. I didnt ask any question and we didnt BS around :(. I hope thats not a bad sign??

Who knows? what questions where you asked?

Offline Tigervision

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2010, 10:39 »
Pretty much the same questions I only remembered 5 questions!

IPREGEN

« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:08 »
It's a standard BEI interview. Everybody does it.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:14 »
They even do it when interviewing to promote from within.... same questions I had for an interview last month within my own dept...
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline 2004blackwrx

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2010, 03:18 »
Thanks for this post. I am interviewing at Fitzpatrick next week. Hopefully, my questions will be similar. Interviewing is not my strong point and I feel slightly disadvantaged since I have a business degree. I'm going to try to look at as many good interview questions as I can so I do not have any of those questions where I can not think of a good example quickly, and then realize a better answer on the way home.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2010, 05:03 »
Thanks for this post. I am interviewing at Fitzpatrick next week. Hopefully, my questions will be similar. Interviewing is not my strong point and I feel slightly disadvantaged since I have a business degree. I'm going to try to look at as many good interview questions as I can so I do not have any of those questions where I can not think of a good example quickly, and then realize a better answer on the way home.

I was thinking at how a college could answer these questions without the applicable experience.  In my extremely humble opinion, you need to sell yourself pretty high. Talk about your personal drive and desire to do well. You have never been woken up at 3:30 am to fix a broken coolant generator, so you need to find something profound in your life to talk about. Were you top of your class in highschool/college? Why did you decide to choose this field? Are you just interested in the decent starting salary or do you actually enjoy this stuff?  Lots of things to think about Id imagine. Good luck on your soul searching and your interview :).

Do yourself a favor, find someone to practice interviewing with. Sit down with a friend and have them ask you these types of questions until they become second nature to you.  Don't lie, but don't be afraid to embellish. Likewise DO NOT RAMBLE. "Um's", "yeah's", "guys", "buts", "ya'll" should be removed from your vocabulary next week.

Offline 2004blackwrx

• Very Lite User
« Reply #8 on: Dec 09, 2010, 10:23 »
Luckily, I am not totally foreign to the Nuclear industry. I had previously worked as a contractor in payroll. During this time is when I became fascinated with nuclear power. Its also around the same time I wish I knew about this industry before entering college. I worked during two outages helping out as a confined space attendant and a FME monitor. I am hoping that my very small familiarity with the industry and my desire to learn everything possible about a nuclear reactor will help me prove to the company I am the right candidate for the job. Yes the money is nice, but for me the most intriguing part of the job is being one of the few people who actually know everything about a nuclear power plant. The position I am applying for is an apprentice auxiliary operator. For me I know I can do the job its just a matter of proving in the interview that I can do it as well as someone with a more technical background and show them that I too have a mechanical mind.

Thanks for the advice. I am currently compiling a list of questions and coming up with answers and examples from my limited work and college background.Next week I will begin having people ask me these questions.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2010, 02:38 »
Luckily, I am not totally foreign to the Nuclear industry. I had previously worked as a contractor in payroll. During this time is when I became fascinated with nuclear power. Its also around the same time I wish I knew about this industry before entering college. I worked during two outages helping out as a confined space attendant and a FME monitor. I am hoping that my very small familiarity with the industry and my desire to learn everything possible about a nuclear reactor will help me prove to the company I am the right candidate for the job. Yes the money is nice, but for me the most intriguing part of the job is being one of the few people who actually know everything about a nuclear power plant. The position I am applying for is an apprentice auxiliary operator. For me I know I can do the job its just a matter of proving in the interview that I can do it as well as someone with a more technical background and show them that I too have a mechanical mind.

Thanks for the advice. I am currently compiling a list of questions and coming up with answers and examples from my limited work and college background.Next week I will begin having people ask me these questions.

Sounds like you have it planned out! :) Hopefully it works for you.  Im dead serious about having someone ask you questions though. It will help you to speak them, not just think about them.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?