Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Having problems with searching.
honeypot

Author Topic: Having problems with searching.  (Read 6598 times)

Cycoticpenguin

Having problems with searching.
« on: Dec 09, 2010, 12:34 »
I can not perform search functions without using advanced search options. Search for NLO brought up no matches, same with "AO", "pay", "school", and "navy". Glitch somewhere? Anyone else have this problem? I will obviously use the advanced search, but thought it may be an issue admin might look into.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Re: Having problems with searching.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2010, 02:16 »
I just tried AO & NLO and got 220 & 372 results respectively.  If it was down it seems to be working now.  If you have any more problems feel free to PM.

Congrats on the new job by the way!

Tom
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2010, 07:18 »
Charlie,

The search box in the forum is powered by the forums search engine, and it does not index words smaller then 4 letter words.  The software can't handle indexing all of the "I, me, A, The, to, too, and, in, by, it, not, all, of, etc, can" type of short words.  It's not something I can even change if I wanted to.

Tom probably used the Google search box on the home page, that is powered by Google, and indexes everything.
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2010, 07:23 by Rennhack »

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:57 »
Charlie,

The search box in the forum is powered by the forums search engine, and it does not index words smaller then 4 letter words.  The software can't handle indexing all of the "I, me, A, The, to, too, and, in, by, it, not, all, of, etc, can" type of short words.  It's not something I can even change if I wanted to.

Tom probably used the Google search box on the home page, that is powered by Google, and indexes everything.

Oh O.o Thanks for the clarification. The advanced search function allows me to search for NLO and AO and the like, so no issues really. Thanks :)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?