Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Economic Feasibility of Spent Fuel Reprocessing

Author Topic: Economic Feasibility of Spent Fuel Reprocessing  (Read 6099 times)

Offline bittnerb1

• Very Lite User
Economic Feasibility of Spent Fuel Reprocessing
« on: Dec 13, 2010, 05:53 »
I am doing a poster presentation at the W.M. Post Symposium in February and I was wondering if anybody could tell me some good websites I could find some good information on the economics of spent fuel reprocessing.  My presentation is over the Economic Feasibility of Spent Fuel Reprocessing vs. Direct Geologic Disposal.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Economic Feasibility of Spent Fuel Reprocessing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2010, 06:01 »
How much research did you do prior to this post? As soon as I put "Economic Feasibility of Spent Fuel Reprocessing" into Yahoo I got numerous good pages, including:

http://commdocs.house.gov/committees/science/hsy22295.000/hsy22295_0.htm

Offline bittnerb1

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2010, 06:20 »
I have done quite a bit of research.  Most of my research has come from the IAEA due to the fact we do not reprocess here in the U.S. at this time.  I am trying to find more information on the subject and I appreciate the websites so far.  Thank You so very much!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2010, 09:08 »
I am doing a poster presentation at the W.M. Post Symposium in February and I was wondering if anybody could tell me some good websites I could find some good information on the economics of spent fuel reprocessing.  My presentation is over the Economic Feasibility of Spent Fuel Reprocessing vs. Direct Geologic Disposal.

You should come by the NukeWorker booth and say hi.

Offline bittnerb1

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2010, 11:18 »
I will do that.  I can"t wait to go and represent my school and my technology.

Offline Jonesmp

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2011, 12:24 »
The reason we don't reprocess in the United States has nothing to do with economic reasons; economically it makes perfect sense with natural uranium being .725 U-235 and commercial operations at 3-5% enrichment.  The reason we don't reprocess here is politically and socially influenced.  The military does reprocess because they use a fairly high enrichment.  TRIGA test and research reactors use 19.5% enriched fuel, which is re-processed, but General Atomics sold the TRIGA program to AREVA so fuel is shipped to France for reprocessing after use. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?