Facility & Company Information > Duke

Interviewing for Duke Energy/Dec. 2010????

(1/6) > >>

nuclear2010:
Has anyone interviewed for Duke Energy this month for the Mcguire station?? If so, when is the start date for the job???
The job posting listed a time frame of Jan-April for Seneca, Oconee, and Mcguire....  Starting pay???  Everything I have seen is old posts for Duke.... Thank you.

tselby:

--- Quote from: nuclear2010 on Dec 14, 2010, 10:24 ---Has anyone interviewed for Duke Energy this month for the Mcguire station?? If so, when is the start date for the job???
The job posting listed a time frame of Jan-April for Seneca, Oconee, and Mcguire....  Starting pay???  Everything I have seen is old posts for Duke.... Thank you.

--- End quote ---

What position did you interview for?

Duke normally leaves postings for NLO positions up permanently and conducts interviews when they want to run a class for them, that I am sure will also depend on the station on which you will interview for.

The best bet is to contact the HR Rep for the plant on which you will interview they can answer those questions with specific answers.

redline:
A kid that came into the plant from initial training last week told me there were almost 20,000 resume's submitted for the 20 positions of which he was one! Did you interview in December? Duke typically does not reveal any information about hiring until an official offer is made. So, all new hires will know about the same day and the other 19,000 plus will most likely hear nothing...except on Nukeworker! They normally have a long lead time from interview to offer to start date. I can also add that the station HR rep will not answer your specific questions, there is a corporate recruiter that is the sole contact and it's a don't call me I may call you type of thing. Sorry not much help, but that's pretty much the way they do it.

vokeysand:
Interviews going on now. Class start date somewhere in early April. Offers are supposed to go out, I believe, in January.

Miker1991:
This is correct, I was told that there were 15,000 plus applicants. 50 people were chossen for an interview for the 15 positions at each station. Offers will go out in February for the April Training Class. 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version