Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Interviewing for Duke Energy/Dec. 2010???? honeypot

Author Topic: Interviewing for Duke Energy/Dec. 2010????  (Read 26441 times)

nuclear2010

Interviewing for Duke Energy/Dec. 2010????
« on: Dec 14, 2010, 10:24 »
Has anyone interviewed for Duke Energy this month for the Mcguire station?? If so, when is the start date for the job???
The job posting listed a time frame of Jan-April for Seneca, Oconee, and Mcguire....  Starting pay???  Everything I have seen is old posts for Duke.... Thank you.
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2010, 10:34 by nuclear2010 »

tselby

Re: Interviewing for Duke Energy/Dec. 2010????
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2010, 08:11 »
Has anyone interviewed for Duke Energy this month for the Mcguire station?? If so, when is the start date for the job???
The job posting listed a time frame of Jan-April for Seneca, Oconee, and Mcguire....  Starting pay???  Everything I have seen is old posts for Duke.... Thank you.

What position did you interview for?

Duke normally leaves postings for NLO positions up permanently and conducts interviews when they want to run a class for them, that I am sure will also depend on the station on which you will interview for.

The best bet is to contact the HR Rep for the plant on which you will interview they can answer those questions with specific answers.

Offline redline

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2010, 08:30 »
A kid that came into the plant from initial training last week told me there were almost 20,000 resume's submitted for the 20 positions of which he was one! Did you interview in December? Duke typically does not reveal any information about hiring until an official offer is made. So, all new hires will know about the same day and the other 19,000 plus will most likely hear nothing...except on Nukeworker! They normally have a long lead time from interview to offer to start date. I can also add that the station HR rep will not answer your specific questions, there is a corporate recruiter that is the sole contact and it's a don't call me I may call you type of thing. Sorry not much help, but that's pretty much the way they do it.

Offline vokeysand

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2010, 03:35 »
Interviews going on now. Class start date somewhere in early April. Offers are supposed to go out, I believe, in January.

Miker1991

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2010, 10:29 »
This is correct, I was told that there were 15,000 plus applicants. 50 people were chossen for an interview for the 15 positions at each station. Offers will go out in February for the April Training Class. 8)

Offline jwreezy1

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2010, 10:15 »
There were only 1200 Applicants and different number of NLO's needed for each of the 3 sites. (Oconee the most, then Mcguire, Catawba the least). Basic Operator Training will start in April and offers should START going out in JAN.

Sorry for correction, just couldn't sit there and see really exaggerated numbers.

Current NLO at Duke Energy

nuclear2010

Re:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2010, 11:52 »
Thank you all for the information.
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2010, 01:47 by nuclear2010 »

Offline tjstoutusn

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2011, 09:13 »
Jwreezy1-

Do you happen to have any more information on this?  They flew me out to test and interview from Arizona in December and I'm quite anxious to find out what I can.  Thanks for your help; I deeply appreciate any advice you have to offer.

Offline vokeysand

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2011, 06:09 »
TJ,

I know some offers went out last week. Good luck. Which site did you interview at?

Offline tjstoutusn

• Very Lite User
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2011, 08:15 »
I put in for McGuire.  Do they send all their offers out at once or do they typically stagger them?

3stix

« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2011, 10:00 »
Good luck TJ. They flew me down from New York to interview for an NLO position in December and I am pretty anxious to hear back as well. I interviewed at Catawba. It's nice to hear that they finally started send offers out. Hopefully ours are on the way!

Offline vokeysand

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2011, 10:05 »
I don't know if they stagger the offers, but with McGuire inprocessing was scheduled for 2/14 so I would think the offers need to be out in the next week or so. I know BOT is scheduled for 4/11.

3stix

« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2011, 10:17 »
Thanks for the info vokey. It is nice to know that things are moving along.

Offline tjstoutusn

• Very Lite User
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2011, 10:39 »
3 Stix-

Definitely keeping my fingers crossed for it.  I think it's tradition that we start sweating bullets about this time.

Offline tjstoutusn

• Very Lite User
« Reply #14 on: Jan 30, 2011, 09:57 »
I'll be doing the same.  I don't think any letters have gone out yet, lest we would have heard about it.  Apparently the names were submitted last week to the hiring managers at the sites.  Are you in touch with the HR people directly for Duke or Enterprise Staffing?

Sun Dog

« Reply #15 on: Jan 30, 2011, 02:53 »
I have the phone # and email address of the Duke HR rep that contacted me for the interview.  I found a letter given to me when I took the POSS test that said not to contact HR and all applicants will be notified by Jan/Feb.  So not sure what to do, but will call by Thurs/Fri.

Sounds like you are about to fail your first test:  "Can the applicant follow instructions?"

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #16 on: Jan 30, 2011, 04:09 »

Sounds like you are about to fail your first test:  "Can the applicant follow instructions?"

It's a great way to weed out a few extra bodies, ain't it?? ;)

There were only 1200 Applicants and different number of NLO's needed for each of the 3 sites.

Offline tjstoutusn

• Very Lite User
« Reply #17 on: Jan 30, 2011, 06:04 »
The HR reps are from a contracted staffing company anyway.  The idea there is to avoid flooding them with calls that will accomplish nothing; the decision lies solely with the hiring manager at the plant after the HR screeners get you through the door.  It wouldn't be harmful to call, just pointless. 

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #18 on: Jan 30, 2011, 06:24 »
It wouldn't be harmful to call, just pointless. 

You're new to this post-EAOS job hunting thing, so here's a word of advice: Yes, it CAN be harmful. Until you are on site first day, anything goes. Cheese off HR, and your paperwork can get "lost", runner-ups get offered your spot, etc. Seen it happen.

Your mileage may vary...

3stix

« Reply #19 on: Jan 30, 2011, 09:31 »
You can search any number of these boards and find a mixed bag of advice. Some will say not to hurt your chances by calling/writing and asking where they are in the hiring process and some say that you should do it because it shows initiative. Either way, that is a decision you have to make on your own. There are at least 3 of us here that are waiting to hear back from this company. A friend who works at Duke ran into one of the hiring managers and asked how it was going. He was told that the names were submitted just awaiting final approval. I think contacting the company would be moot at this point because they have already decided who they are going to hire. The guy I interviewed with told me that offers were expected to go out by the end of January but not to get nervous if I hadn't heard anything by then because sometimes it just takes a while. I think we just have to be a little patient at this point, even though we are all quite anxious.
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2011, 11:14 by 3stix »

3stix

« Reply #20 on: Feb 01, 2011, 06:18 »
I got the call today! They left a message saying they would like to extend an offer to me. I hope getting in touch with them again isn't too much of a challenge. I think you just have to catch the HR folks at the right time of day. Lugnuts and TJ I expect that you would be hearing something soon too. I'm pretty excited and hope to see you both in training. Good luck!

Offline tjstoutusn

• Very Lite User
« Reply #21 on: Feb 01, 2011, 06:30 »
A light at the end of the tunnel!  (Hoping that the light is not a train...)

lugnuts

« Reply #22 on: Feb 01, 2011, 07:19 »
Congrats 3stix.  Hopefully the McGuire call-backs won't be too far behind.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #23 on: Feb 01, 2011, 08:09 »
3Stix, Guess I will be seeing you in class as I got the call today also. 
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

3stix

« Reply #24 on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:49 »
3Stix, Guess I will be seeing you in class as I got the call today also. 

Sounds good. What plant did you apply for?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?