Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Thank you forum.

Author Topic: Thank you forum.  (Read 7844 times)

imthehoopa

Thank you forum.
« on: Jan 10, 2011, 12:51 »
I know it's been awhile since I've posted here, but I needed to come back to say thanks. The information and advice provided on this site was immensely helpful. From the time I was in DEP to today (today being the day of my final oral board in prototype). I feel that I developed the right habits and mindset primarily from your help. It is very much appreciated.

To update all those who are interested, I just qualified this morning. Passed my final board with a 2.93. I think it might be my lowest test grade in all of the pipeline  ;D. I have until March to report to weld school, so it looks like a month of hold up here in NY and then my 30 days of leave. I finally get to report my boat in early June. I got orders to the USS Henry M. Jackson (Gold Crew) out of Bangor. I haven't heard too much about the boat, Bangor, or weld school, so if you know anything I'm open ears.

Once again, thanks NUKEWORKERs.

-MM3 imthehoopa, qualified mechanical operator

imthehoopa

Re: Thank you forum.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2011, 01:03 »
Almost forgot... If any of you out there have questions about prototype (in New York) feel free to send them my way. Being on 8 hour days again frees up a lot of time, so I'll be frequenting the forum to answer.

Offline sovbob

• Fact-Checker
  • Moderate User
  • Vanguard of the Vox Populi
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2011, 01:22 »
Congratulations!  Bravo Zulu! [clap]

Bangor is nice.  It rains a lot, but it's really more of a mist than a hard rain.  The Kitsap County police are VERY TOUGH on drunk driving.  Plenty of outdoors stuff to do, especially in the summer.

Boomer life is pretty good, or so I hear.  I was a fast-attack guy myself.  Apparently off-crew can be either really good, or really suck.  Depends on who's in charge at the moment.
"Everyone's entitled to be stupid now and then, but you're abusing the privilege."

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2011, 01:25 »

Boomer life is pretty good, or so I hear.  I was a fast-attack guy myself.  Apparently off-crew can be either really good, or really suck.  Depends on who's in charge at the moment.

Actually depends more on your last major inspection (ORSE/TRE) result.
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2011, 01:29 »
Congratulations! Thanks for the update.

imthehoopa

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2011, 03:12 »
Do they still give out the green name tags that have QUALIFIED STUDENT on them?!?!?  8)

[clap] [clap] [clap] [clap]

lol... No. Not quite. Now they give us lanyards for our badges. Same as the staff wear.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:19 »
lol... No. Not quite. Now they give us lanyards for our badges. Same as the staff wear.

I was qualified for months and didnt get any badges or lanyards -.-

BUT my bitterness aside, congrats man, that was one of the proudest moments of my life (still is), and is a great achievement few can accomplish :) Welcome to the elite nec club.... now get qualified nub!  ;D

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:40 »
We got the PMS schedule, rags, and mops.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:51 »
We got the PMS schedule, rags, and mops.
dont forget training, qual cards, inspections, and berthing flails.

Offline DLGN25

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2011, 11:39 »
I have fond memories of Ballston Spa.  I shared an apartment on the corner of Milton and Ford.  Google Earth shows not much has changed there since my time in 1967-68.

At prototype, we got green belts upon qualification.  They clashed with the blue dungarees and chambray shirts. 

Final orals were a challenge.  The more you knew, the more questions you were asked.  Their intent was more then to just determine if your knowledge was sufficient to qualify you, they wanted to know the full extent of your knowledge.  I recall they asked me about the red light on the ball, then asked me were the power panel was, then they asked me what the wattage of the bulb was, of which I had no idea. It was very unsettling to have to admit at some point you did not have an answer (perhaps that was also a test). 

Enough stories, congratulations on successfully completing your qualifications.
Surely oak and three-fold brass surrounded his heart who first trusted a frail vessel to a merciless ocean.  Horace

Fermi2

« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2011, 04:08 »
Back in the day at good old NPTU Idaho Falls
Pink Badge: Trainette
Blue Badge: Qualified Trainette
Green Badge: Staff Instructor In Training
Yellow Badge: Qualified Staff In Structor
Red Badge: Staff Training

BTW Congrats! Operating Nuclear Reactors is a blast!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2011, 04:09 by Broadzilla »

Offline IRLFAN

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2011, 05:43 »
Back in the day at good old NPTU Idaho Falls
Pink Badge: Trainette
Blue Badge: Qualified Trainette
Green Badge: Staff Instructor In Training
Yellow Badge: Qualified Staff In Structor
Red Badge: Staff Training

I had all of them except red.

BTW Congrats! Operating Nuclear Reactors is a blast!!!

Maybe, but fixing them is more interesting.  And add my congratulations.  Big day for anyone.
Democracy is 4 wolves and 1 sheep
voting on what's for dinner.

Liberty is the sheep with a .357 magnum
telling the wolves where to stick it.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?