Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nukeworker.com Bounty Hunters
honeypot

Author Topic: Nukeworker.com Bounty Hunters  (Read 10739 times)

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
Nukeworker.com Bounty Hunters
« on: Dec 29, 2010, 08:11 »
I have an old friend, a high school aquaintance, who's in the HP end of the outage business.  We made a wager this summer regarding the Fall 2010 Congressional election.  I won and he has refused to send his payment.  I am no longer in the  outage venue of HP.
My Question is;
    Would I be violating Nukeworker.com protocols by asking for assistance from the outage HP technicians and others to attmept to pick up the debt for me?

I was thinking that if someone picked up the check from him and mailed it to me, I would reimburse said individual 100% of the face value of the check and associated postage.

Thanks for you consideration.  
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Nukeworker.com Bounty Hunters
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2010, 09:05 »
Yeah, you're really not supposed to put bounty's on peoples heads.  Read the rules in "Looking for", which is where this post probably should be.
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2010, 09:06 by Rennhack »

Fermi2

« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2010, 11:38 »
Since when is Nukeworker a debt collection agency?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2010, 12:24 »
Just depends how much the contract is worth.... [whistle]

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2010, 12:39 »
Yeah, you're really not supposed to put bounty's on peoples heads.  Read the rules in "Looking for", which is where this post probably should be.
I'm not putting a bounty on his head, per se.  I'm trying to collect a wager.  Regarding the rules referenced;
NukeWorker’s policy is that the ‘looking for’ section is like a physical bulletin board - you post the name of the person you wish to find plus a way for them to contact you (typically via NukeWorker PM or email).  If they wish to respond they will. 

I know where he is.  He's a lot further away than justifies driving to pick up the debt.  He will be working this spring.  I just thought that maybe someone would be interested in picking up the money for me.

HydroDave63
It's a $20 bet. 
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Fermi2

« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2010, 03:57 »
I'll do it for Twenty dollars.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2011, 06:46 »
When I get a his Spring Outage Schedule, I'll get in touch. 
A REM is a REM is a REM

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2011, 05:40 »
When I get a his Spring Outage Schedule, I'll get in touch. 
Just found out that he's working Beaver Valley this spring.
A REM is a REM is a REM

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2011, 09:17 »
You want we should whack him?

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2011, 09:30 »
I'm not putting a bounty on his head, per se.  I'm trying to collect a wager.  Regarding the rules referenced;
NukeWorker’s policy is that the ‘looking for’ section is like a physical bulletin board - you post the name of the person you wish to find plus a way for them to contact you (typically via NukeWorker PM or email).  If they wish to respond they will. 

I know where he is.  He's a lot further away than justifies driving to pick up the debt.  He will be working this spring.  I just thought that maybe someone would be interested in picking up the money for me.

HydroDave63
It's a $20 bet. 

You're starting this much drama over $20???
 [dunce] [boohoo] [chill] [stir]
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Hoser

• Not just another..
  • Light User
  • CNS ROCKS !
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2011, 03:29 »
Now that is funny !! You have not lost the touch yet mon..
Off topic I know but... Lauren says hey ! She asks about ya all the time. I'll tell her your out there helping find  low end bounty.

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2011, 05:29 »
Just found out that he's working Beaver Valley this spring.
That's just up the road for me.   Hmmmmmmmmm...

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2011, 05:49 »
What if he makes a better counter-offer?? ;)

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2011, 07:41 »
Now we're contemplating burning dinosaur bones and whacking people for change?!?!?!?!

Hopeless,......... [coffee]

But then again, people have been whacked for much less! ;D ;D  [whistle]
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2011, 05:41 »
You're starting this much drama over $20???
 [dunce] [boohoo] [chill] [stir]

I wasn't trying to start a lot of drama.  More like reaching out and touching someone from days gone by who has had great sport being a jagoff about politics.  But, it's grown tiring even for someone with my level of patience.  So I've called it off.  I've tried contacting everyone by email that got in touch with me on this, but I still get the occasional message on it, especially from those who are going to BV this spring.  So, don't ask Debo about the money.  I wanted his check for the trophy of the wager.  I'll just frame the string of email about it and hang that on the wall.
A REM is a REM is a REM

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?