Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear Technician honeypot

Author Topic: Nuclear Technician  (Read 5184 times)

dtucker89

Nuclear Technician
« on: Jan 15, 2011, 12:29 »
I am curious. What is the position? As far as I know, it's a nuclear grunt. I don't mind nuclear grunt work, as long as I can move into operations after some time as a grunt.

To summarize:

What is a Nuclear Technician?

Does this position provide experience beneficial for and progress into operations?

Thanks,
Daniel

my name is.....

Re: Nuclear Technician
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2011, 01:11 »
From what I read on the job description it is an entry level position that will lead to advancement into operations and other areas. It sounds to me like grunt work but it would be a good starting point for someone with no experience.

jwhite

« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2011, 08:38 »
At my plant, you would be pretty much a janitor. Hence all the jokes you read. You will change light bulbs, pick up trash, clean the bathrooms, mow grass and do yard work. But it gives you a great chance to learn your way around the plant and get familiar with things. You are expected to move into operations the first chance you get.  It shouldn't take no longer than a year to land in an NLO class with the way people are retiring. You will most likely be in a union so at that point all you have to say is I want that position and it's yours. You won't have to interview for it.

dtucker89

« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2011, 05:43 »
Thanks for the replies. And you bet your bottom that I would take the ops job the second it opened up.

Daniel

nu-nuker

« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2011, 04:42 »
Thanks for the replies. And you bet your bottom that I would take the ops job the second it opened up.

Daniel

I would too.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?