Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What is expected of a deconer at Palo Verde?

Author Topic: What is expected of a deconer at Palo Verde?  (Read 9207 times)

Plateduster

What is expected of a deconer at Palo Verde?
« on: Jan 17, 2011, 02:42 »
I'm new to outages can anyone tell  me what is expected of a deconer at Palo Verde and the best places to stay
Thanks
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2011, 01:24 by Rennhack »

vikingfan

Re: Need Advice Please!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2011, 04:56 »
most people end up staying in goodyear which is about a 45 minute drive to the plant. you might be able to find housing in tonopah 5 min to the plant or even buckeye about 30 min to plant. but if you want any shopping center etc you will end up in goodyear anyhow. buckeye does have a wally world but thats about it. can you mop floors ? hang lead blankets ? clean up contaminated tools ? then your probably in good shape.

good luck !

Offline iiiisx349

• Moderate User
  • i love fishing
Re: Need Advice Please!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:26 »
i loved it there have fun

Offline Derrick

• Very Lite User
Re: What is expected of a deconer at Palo Verde?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2011, 11:49 »
How can i get in as Decon at Palo Verde? any contacts.I have a degree in nuclear power plant operations...Please help if able
Derrick

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2011, 05:31 »
Try Bartlet Nuclear.

Offline redline

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2011, 08:04 »
How can i get in as Decon at Palo Verde? any contacts.I have a degree in nuclear power plant operations...Please help if able

Try not setting your sights too high!

Fermi2

« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2011, 01:14 »
You stand in the parking up, look up and yell DE CONE DE CONE!!

WTF is a DECONER?

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2011, 02:41 »
You stand in the parking up, look up and yell DE CONE DE CONE!!

WTF is a DECONER?

Why, someone who removes cones, of course! How hard was that to figure out? Sheesh!  :P
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Content1

« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2011, 01:40 »

If I had a degree in nuclear power plant operations I would go for an operations position, such as nuclear plant equipment operator by looking all over the USA and increase one's chances for the first job.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2011, 04:06 »
What a bunch of heathens; it is obviously southern slang for someone who performs the role of a deacon in a church..a "deconer".

Naaah, it's prolly just one of them there foreign soccer fanboys of Deco from Brazil, hence they are "Deco-ners"   :P

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?