Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu STA-21
honeypot

Author Topic: STA-21  (Read 3746 times)

emallen

STA-21
« on: Jan 24, 2011, 04:30 »
I am looking into applying for the STA-21 Program and seeing if the info i have gives me a good shot:

A-school GPA: 3.27
Current P-school GPA: 3.4
1st College (32 Credits): 3.5
2nd College: 2.1
PFA:  1. Outstanding Medium 2. Outstanding Medium 3. Excellent Low
Was MA in A-school
Have tons for recommendations for past teachers, bosses, pastor etc.
I do not know what other info would be helpful.  Also would RAP duty (while on leave) look good also?

Cycoticpenguin

Re: STA-21
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2011, 05:32 »
I am looking into applying for the STA-21 Program and seeing if the info i have gives me a good shot:

A-school GPA: 3.27
Current P-school GPA: 3.4
1st College (32 Credits): 3.5
2nd College: 2.1
PFA:  1. Outstanding Medium 2. Outstanding Medium 3. Excellent Low
Was MA in A-school
Have tons for recommendations for past teachers, bosses, pastor etc.
I do not know what other info would be helpful.  Also would RAP duty (while on leave) look good also?

Your application is more important than any "achievements" you have thus far. If you get good instructor recommendations, that looks better then your other stuff at this point in the game. RAP duty doesnt mean squat. MA doesnt mean squat. PFA scores mean you are maintaining military standards, and look good. Your college GPA doesnt really matter, you cant use those credits anyway if I recall correctly (sure someone will fill in).

That said. Use the search button, this topic should have its own subforum by now.

Offline still_in

• Light User
Re: STA-21
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2011, 07:47 »
RAP duty doesnt mean squat.
That said. Use the search button, this topic should have its own subforum by now.

Charlie got a few things right.

The only thing the board has to judge you against other applicants are GPA's and PFA scores.  Instructor recommendations won't do a lot of good unless they come from a O-3 or higher.  A recommendation from your LPO won't do much for your package. Looking good is part of the application.  A full length photo was required for packages when I got picked up in 06.  If it came down to two even packages who gets picked, high PFA scores or low PFA scores.  College GPA will be good and bad for you. Good that you have 35 credits that will show that you have a head start and will have an easier time completing your degree.  Your 2.1 gpa will make it harder. You will have to do some explaining in personal statement. 
Good Luck

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?