Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Entry Level Engineer

Author Topic: Entry Level Engineer  (Read 18358 times)

Plutonius

Re: Entry Level Engineer
« Reply #25 on: Feb 07, 2011, 01:03 »
Ask HR person to. thats what I ended up doing :)

FWIW my timeline..

applied october to about 15 different utilities for different types of jobs.

looked around for a while. Heard NOTHING FROM ANY ONE for months.

then in early december, I got calls from 5 different plants to take MASS, TECH, and POSS tests. Passed all of them, got interview requests from several different companies.

interviewed at my current plant, offered a job 2 HOURS after (not common of course), and started 2 weeks later.

When it rains it pours. Just keep applying to places, and keep your head up :)

Well that certainly makes me feel a lot better. My current utility list is as follows:

Xcel (Coal)
Dominion
Exelon
SRP (Coal)
APS
AEP
Duke
Progress
PSEG (Coal)
PPL
TVA

Plutonius

« Reply #26 on: Feb 09, 2011, 05:18 »
I have also just applied for several auxiliary operations positions. I honestly would not mind either operations or engineering.

In the immortal words of the Joker: Gentlemen! Let's broaden our minds.
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2011, 05:20 by Plutonius »

Plutonius

« Reply #27 on: Feb 09, 2011, 06:19 »
Well actually that is one of the reasons I expanded to applying for operations jobs. I personally do not want to be stuck in an office for the rest of my life. I actually want a job that allows me to not just use my brain but use my hands.

Oh, yes, I did apply for the EFH position at Comanche Peak (Nuclear Equipment Operator, which I guess is a fancy name for a NLO). I believe from the job description they are POSS testing and interviewing February/March. I also have applied for a AO position at the Harris Nuclear Plant in NC.

Thanks again for the suggestions!
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2011, 06:21 by Plutonius »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?