Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Passed POSS but didn't get interview

Author Topic: Passed POSS but didn't get interview  (Read 14637 times)

Offline Luis_v2005

• Lurker
Passed POSS but didn't get interview
« on: Jan 31, 2011, 05:19 »
Hello everyone last week I took and passed the poss exam trying to get hired as an operator for nextera/fpl in Miami fl. Today I got an email saying that I was not selected for the position. I don't understand why since I passed the test I have a degree in mathematics with a high gpa. I could understand if they interviewed me and I sucked but they never even got to talk to me personally. Does anyone know a little more on the hiring process and could tell me why they didn't give me an interview?

Offline rocco787

• Shenanigans
  • Light User
Re: Passed POSS but didn't get interview
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2011, 05:55 »
Everything I've gathered from the searching and roaming around on the forum is that this industry is all about timing.
Don't let it get you down that you weren't selected this time, just keep trying.

Good luck to ya, I'm in the same boat right now, trying to get hired on somewhere.  Ive taken the MASS and passed, haven't done the POSS yet, but I foresee that happening here in the near future.

Offline Luis_v2005

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2011, 06:11 »
If another position opens will I have to retest again or does the one I took still count? For that matter can I apply to another plant with the same test results?
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2011, 06:12 by Luis_v2005 »

Offline rocco787

• Shenanigans
  • Light User
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2011, 11:03 »
When I took the MASS the instructions said that the test results transfer over, so you dont have to take it more than once.  Im sure the POSS is the same.

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2011, 01:26 »
If another position opens will I have to retest again or does the one I took still count? For that matter can I apply to another plant with the same test results?

Most places will make you retake it.

bulldog

« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:16 »
I've read many places on this forum that only 15-20% pass the Poss test.  Is that really a correct figure.  I recently took it and it was tough, but just don't see it being that hard especially with the quality of people that are taking it.

Offline Frank Cable

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2011, 05:05 »

It's been my experience that Exelon will use/accept POSS scores from a prior application.  Also Progress accepted my POSS scores from FPL with no hassle. 

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2011, 07:44 »
Took the POSS with Company A and didn't get an offer.  Fast forward a few months, and Company B asks me to come in for testing and an interview.  I indicated that I had already taken it and wondered if I could use that grade.  Company B said that as long as it was the same version of the POSS they would accept it.  It was and they did.  I just accepted the offer today and start in March.
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2011, 01:58 »
Congratulations!!

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2011, 09:48 »
Thanks JustinHEMI, with my degree I can be in SRO training in 3 years.  I just hope I prove myself worthy enough for consideration by that time.
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2011, 09:57 »
Oh don't worry, if you've shown an interest in licensing, you are worthy enough. ;D

MacGyver

« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2011, 12:47 »

Oh don't worry, if you've shown an interest in licensing, you are worthy enough. ;D

How, very .. very, true (e.g. industry wide)!

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2011, 04:56 »
I've read many places on this forum that only 15-20% pass the Poss test.  Is that really a correct figure.  I recently took it and it was tough, but just don't see it being that hard especially with the quality of people that are taking it.

I believe it! lol. I took the test with a bunch of other people... Judging by the looks of frustration, and the lack of interest (some chick brought a book to read  lol), I dont think any one else in the room passed. I would finish a section and notice most people didnt even finish most sections.

The plant I took it at, said they had 400 people a day apply for that position, so they probably brought in a good chunk of people to take the test.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?