Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Pre-job brief video
honeypot

Author Topic: Pre-job brief video  (Read 11102 times)

dgcaste

Pre-job brief video
« on: Jan 27, 2011, 06:23 »
Hello everyone! I'm a maintenance instructor at one of the nuke plants and I'm trying to figure out how I can get my hands on a good pre-job brief video. I heard Fermi 2 had a good one but I haven't been able to find anything.

Direction? Help? Any help would be appreciated!

My email address is (obfuscated to fight spam) daniel.garcia (@) s c e (dot) c 0 m

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
Re: Pre-job brief video
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2011, 09:00 »
Are you looking for a video to use as a pre-job brief, or a video about giving pre-job briefs.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

dgcaste

« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2011, 10:18 »
Good question. I'm looking for a video about giving pre-job briefs for training. We're expecting crafts to give pre-job briefs and they have limited experience so a video would kind of show them what a good one looks like.

Sun Dog

« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2011, 11:08 »
Good question. I'm looking for a video about giving pre-job briefs for training. We're expecting crafts to give pre-job briefs and they have limited experience so a video would kind of show them what a good one looks like.

You should make a video customized to your situation and expectations.  Avoid limiting yourself by promoting someone else's idea of what a good PJB looks like.  One size does not usually fit all.
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2011, 11:11 by Sun Dog »

dgcaste

« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2011, 11:30 »
You have a good point. But I want to avoid isolating ourselves to how we want to do briefs. We've made some serious efforts to benchmark INPO 1 plants, and this is one of our areas of weakness.

Chimera

« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2011, 06:24 »
A video for training people on how to conduct a pre-job briefing?  It's not a complicated thing to deal with.  The best generalized format I've run into I learned while working for the CSX railroad.  They use the acronym SHEPUF.

S - introduce yourself and review the SCOPE OF WORK for the job at hand.
H - review the HAZARDS you anticipate while doing the work.  ALL the hazards!  In a nuclear invironment, this would include the radiological conditions at the job site as well as travel paths.
E - make sure you have the necessary EQUIPMENT for the job and that it is functional and the necessary safety features are in working order.
P - identify the requisite PPE and ensure you have it.
U - do you UNDERSTAND?  Are there any questions?
F - FOLLOW UP on any questions that may arise during the briefing.

Of course, make sure you pass around the signature sheet and ensure everyone at the briefing has signed it.

Too many people clutter up their briefings with unnecesarry information.  The briefer needs to control the content of the briefing and not go chasing after some red herring.  You also need to make sure your crew is paying attention during the briefing.  If you keep this simple acronym in mind, you can handle any pre-job briefing that comes along.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?