Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu LALALALA honeypot

Author Topic: LALALALA  (Read 15254 times)

kingjoey5000

LALALALA
« on: Jan 27, 2011, 09:11 »
WHOAAAA
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2019, 12:37 by kingjoey5000 »

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
Re: failed a non nuke random
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2011, 10:11 »
Probably no chance for you.  Just being Honest!!!  Try getting a non cleared DOE clean up job and stay clean for awhile.  Then maybe get DOE clearance or a Nuke  Plant Job until then I leave you with a song!!!

« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2011, 10:23 by thenukeman »

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2011, 10:28 »
5 years for consideration is my understanding and that is just for Consideration.

Offline Incline

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2011, 10:44 »
Your rehab MAY help. Ask the recruiter and also read 10CFR26 at NRC.gov.

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2011, 10:46 »
I was informed there was a better Youtube by PM>>  Homer Simpson at Nuke Plant> Because I got High!!!   Also here is some 10cfr 26 info,   (c) Granting authorization with other potentially disqualifying FFD information. The requirements in this paragraph apply to an individual who has applied for authorization, and about whom potentially disqualifying FFD information has been discovered or disclosed that is not a first confirmed positive drug or alcohol test result or a 5-year denial of authorization. If potentially disqualifying FFD information is obtained about an individual by any means, including, but not limited to, the individual's self-disclosure, the suitable inquiry, the administration of any FFD program under this part, a self-report of a legal action, behavioral observation, or other sources of information, including, but not limited to, any background investigation or credit and criminal history check conducted under the requirements of this chapter, before granting authorization to the individual, the licensee or other entity shall—

(1) Obtain and review a selfdisclosure and employment history that addresses the shortest of the following periods:

(i) The past 5 years;

(ii) Since the individual's eighteenth birthday; or

(iii) Since the individual's last period of authorization was terminated;

More here, http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/cfr/part026/full-text.html#part026-0061
good luck and for those thinking about being nuke remember the song before u mess up!! 

« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2011, 11:09 by thenukeman »

Offline disneyfanatic

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2011, 06:16 »
hell yeah you got a chance, hears what you need, full disclosure (tell them everything), proof of rehab (gotta have documentation), and a little prayer wouldn't hurt.

Fermi2

« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2011, 02:55 »
From my experience with a friend who failed 8 years ago. Not a chance in hell and I don't blame whoever turns down your access.

Offline disneyfanatic

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2011, 03:33 »
hey dont listen to chumpzilla, he dont have a clue, i failed for herbs, was out 4 years, had a drug and alcohol eval and was able to get my access back. everybody gets a second chance.
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2011, 03:34 by disneyfanatic »

Fermi2

« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2011, 03:55 »
hey dont listen to chumpzilla, he dont have a clue, i failed for herbs, was out 4 years, had a drug and alcohol eval and was able to get my access back. everybody gets a second chance.

Now my son. I'm merely pointing out most companies will not take a chance on a druggie when there are plenty of law abiding citizens they can hire.

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2011, 06:13 »
Adjudication is permissible under the CFR; however, there are several companies that hold to one and out based on a random. 

Most will allow a second chance when a problem is self-identified through the Employee Assistance Program.
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline snowman

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2011, 10:02 »
A couple of these posts are being a little hard. You're talking two different industries, you're failed drug test is not in any nuclear plant database. I'd be very careful what I put down on the paper work. If it happened while you were in the nuclear industry then ya, you gotta open up and tell everything. Otherwise I'd go with the old axiom "what they don't know....".

Offline Benwah033

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2011, 11:16 »
A couple of these posts are being a little hard. You're talking two different industries, you're failed drug test is not in any nuclear plant database. I'd be very careful what I put down on the paper work. If it happened while you were in the nuclear industry then ya, you gotta open up and tell everything. Otherwise I'd go with the old axiom "what they don't know....".

Worst Advice I've Ever Seen.  They're background search isn't limited to PADS.  When they call your references and they're references, if it comes up, you're sunk.  If they search medical records and find that you were in rehab, you're sunk.  You had it right when you said you were going to be 100% honest on your forms.  If its not meant to be, its not, but typically when something happend pre-nuke industry, and you've been clean and honest since, you have a shot.  Read the questions carefully and answer them truthfully... 

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #12 on: Jan 30, 2011, 01:32 »
Concur. Worst advice possible.

Offline snowman

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 30, 2011, 10:51 »
Worst Advice I've Ever Seen.  They're background search isn't limited to PADS.  When they call your references and they're references, if it comes up, you're sunk.  If they search medical records and find that you were in rehab, you're sunk.  You had it right when you said you were going to be 100% honest on your forms.  If its not meant to be, its not, but typically when something happend pre-nuke industry, and you've been clean and honest since, you have a shot.  Read the questions carefully and answer them truthfully... 
If that's the worst advice you've sen you haven't seen very much advice. Read what people write closer before you go off half cocked. I said "I'd be very careful what I put down on the paper work". Meaning if you don't need to open up that can of worms, don't. I stand by my advice.

That being said, I don't miss this part of commercial nuclear power one bit. Especially for 2-3 week outages.

tagline

« Reply #14 on: Jan 30, 2011, 03:45 »
Be honest and give yourself a chance. We all make mistakes and do not walk on water like some name calling nukes on here. Best of luck to you and congrats on understanding that you did have a problem and took care of that. And just remember that name callers have no life and have to get some attention anyway they can.

kingjoey5000

« Reply #15 on: Jan 30, 2011, 05:19 »
Yeah I agree the name calling is deffinately unnecessary, but again thanks to everyone who posted with some input, I feel much better about the situation.

Graphic

« Reply #16 on: Jan 31, 2011, 11:47 »
Well I sure hope you don’t believe EVERYTHING you read on the internet because some of these responses are completely wrong. I work in  access authorization and know a little about this subject. Failing a drug test is handled differently all across the country. One site might handle it one way and another might handle it their own. There is a set procedure across the board as far as it goes but any utility can go above and beyond the minimum requirements by the NRC.

The first question is WHEN did you fail the drug test?
If you have never gained access you have to complete a 3 year work history and go back to your 18th birthday as far as drug/alcohol questions and criminal history are concerned. So if you hired in today, 1/31/11 you would have to go back to 1/31/08 as far as work history goes. However, if you have had any type of criminal/drug or alcohol issues within the past 5 years then you would become an expanded scope, which means doing a 5 year background instead of 3 and it constitutes a mandatory interview with the psychologist. This doesn’t necessarily mean it has to be an arrest. It could include the failure of a drug test, going to rehab or any other type of issue that common sense would tell you that there was a drug/alcohol problem. Furthermore you can even become an expanded scope if one of the references they call ended up saying “Well he did have a alcohol problem 2 years ago”. That alone could lead you to become an expanded scope.  Now if it was a drug test you failed back in 2000 then it more than likely wouldn’t even be addressed unless you had a lot of other criminal history to go along with it. Obviously there are mitigating factors and there is more to the picture than just one failed drug test. The picture is you as a WHOLE. Not just one incident. If you haven’t had any legal issues and had one failed drug test in your life you won’t just get denied because of that. I can’t tell you HOW many people work in the nuclear industry right now that have at least one if not more than one failed drug test on their backgrounds.
Also, a lot of it depends on the site psychologist. The plants I work the psychologist will more than likely 9 times out of 10 deny you if there was any drug issue within the past year. If it was outside of a year then he is more lenient and even more so with proper rehab attempts and paperwork showing you completed rehab. A lot of it also depends on the utility/contractor. ANYONE that works for a contractor on a site knows that contract employees and utility employees get treated differently. Where I work if you are working for the utility and fail a drug test for the first time the minimum sanction is a 2 week termination of your access and they basically give you a chance through the EAP (which was mentioned earlier) to get back on the right track. Now at the VERY same plant if you are a contract worker and fail a drug test you are going to be denied access and get a nice letter in the mail stating that you have been denied for 3 years if it was the first confirmed and 5 years if it was second. So it may vary just a tad that’s why I stress that EVERY case and EVERY Site/Utility handles it to their own standards, while maintaining NRC guidelines.
So you really need to provide more info. If it was a drug test that happened within this past year then I would say your chances are slim. If it was something that happened a few years ago and you have no other criminal history then I say your chances are doubled.  It’s really just too hard to pinpoint simply because we don’t have all the answers.
Also whatever you do please don’t take whoever’s advice it was to not list it. Anything before your 18th birthday doesn’t even come into play so self disclosing smoking pot in your mom’s basement isn’t necessary to list... I think a little common sense goes a far way in those questions. But I mean if you failed a drug test at a place of employment or anywhere that it could be recorded SOMEWHERE then I would list it. You would be surprised at what they can find sometimes.
The main goal of the background investigator is to make sure that they find out whatever is possible and we are hiring people that are “TRUSTWORTHY AND RELIABLE” that’s the key. Lying about stupid things will get you denied a lot quicker than a failed drug test from a few years back etc.
Good luck and if you have any more information feel free to ask or send me a PM.

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #17 on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:16 »
Well I sure hope you don’t believe EVERYTHING you read on the internet because some of these responses are completely wrong. I work in  access authorization and know a little about this subject. Failing a drug test is handled differently all across the country. One site might handle it one way and another might handle it their own. There is a set procedure across the board as far as it goes but any utility can go above and beyond the minimum requirements by the NRC.

The first question is WHEN did you fail the drug test?
If you have never gained access you have to complete a 3 year work history and go back to your 18th birthday as far as drug/alcohol questions and criminal history are concerned. So if you hired in today, 1/31/11 you would have to go back to 1/31/08 as far as work history goes. However, if you have had any type of criminal/drug or alcohol issues within the past 5 years then you would become an expanded scope, which means doing a 5 year background instead of 3 and it constitutes a mandatory interview with the psychologist. This doesn’t necessarily mean it has to be an arrest. It could include the failure of a drug test, going to rehab or any other type of issue that common sense would tell you that there was a drug/alcohol problem. Furthermore you can even become an expanded scope if one of the references they call ended up saying “Well he did have a alcohol problem 2 years ago”. That alone could lead you to become an expanded scope.  Now if it was a drug test you failed back in 2000 then it more than likely wouldn’t even be addressed unless you had a lot of other criminal history to go along with it. Obviously there are mitigating factors and there is more to the picture than just one failed drug test. The picture is you as a WHOLE. Not just one incident. If you haven’t had any legal issues and had one failed drug test in your life you won’t just get denied because of that. I can’t tell you HOW many people work in the nuclear industry right now that have at least one if not more than one failed drug test on their backgrounds.
Also, a lot of it depends on the site psychologist. The plants I work the psychologist will more than likely 9 times out of 10 deny you if there was any drug issue within the past year. If it was outside of a year then he is more lenient and even more so with proper rehab attempts and paperwork showing you completed rehab. A lot of it also depends on the utility/contractor. ANYONE that works for a contractor on a site knows that contract employees and utility employees get treated differently. Where I work if you are working for the utility and fail a drug test for the first time the minimum sanction is a 2 week termination of your access and they basically give you a chance through the EAP (which was mentioned earlier) to get back on the right track. Now at the VERY same plant if you are a contract worker and fail a drug test you are going to be denied access and get a nice letter in the mail stating that you have been denied for 3 years if it was the first confirmed and 5 years if it was second. So it may vary just a tad that’s why I stress that EVERY case and EVERY Site/Utility handles it to their own standards, while maintaining NRC guidelines.
So you really need to provide more info. If it was a drug test that happened within this past year then I would say your chances are slim. If it was something that happened a few years ago and you have no other criminal history then I say your chances are doubled.  It’s really just too hard to pinpoint simply because we don’t have all the answers.
Also whatever you do please don’t take whoever’s advice it was to not list it. Anything before your 18th birthday doesn’t even come into play so self disclosing smoking pot in your mom’s basement isn’t necessary to list... I think a little common sense goes a far way in those questions. But I mean if you failed a drug test at a place of employment or anywhere that it could be recorded SOMEWHERE then I would list it. You would be surprised at what they can find sometimes.
The main goal of the background investigator is to make sure that they find out whatever is possible and we are hiring people that are “TRUSTWORTHY AND RELIABLE” that’s the key. Lying about stupid things will get you denied a lot quicker than a failed drug test from a few years back etc.
Good luck and if you have any more information feel free to ask or send me a PM.

What a great response! Someone that has the expertise and doesn't feel the need to accuse people of being a "druggie" in the response. Karma to ya for being an adult. Unlike some others here unfortunately.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?