Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu SGRP's remaining to be done honeypot

Author Topic: SGRP's remaining to be done  (Read 14473 times)

Rob143

SGRP's remaining to be done
« on: Feb 01, 2011, 02:28 »
I'm thinking we have to be well past halfway in replacing the steam generators out there but have had no luck nailing down a list of those already done... or a list of those remaining with scheduled/expected dates for those projects.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline sscone

• Moderate User
Re: SGRP's remaining to be done
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:30 »
Can't remember which unit but Sequoyah is supposed to do one in 2012.

Offline tymekeeper

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2011, 11:17 »
Waterford still has to be done ;D. Heard that one of the plants that had their SGR is already having issues with the new S/Gs and may have to do SGRP (part 2), maybe Beaver Valley?

I was at the SGRPs at IP2, Shearon Harris, Farley, Oconee, Calvert, and Byron.

Rob143

« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2011, 08:22 »
Waterford still has to be done ;D. Heard that one of the plants that had their SGR is already having issues with the new S/Gs and may have to do SGRP (part 2), maybe Beaver Valley?

I was at the SGRPs at IP2, Shearon Harris, Farley, Oconee, Calvert, and Byron.

Were both units each at Byron, Calvert, and Farley already done?

I heard winter of 09 at Three Mile that the SG's already replaced at Oconee were not living up to expectations and efficiency had fallen off dramatically but haven't heard the same from anybody else.  Maybe that was the part 2 you were thinking of?

I know Beaver Valley already did one unit and has the other yet to do but not sure when that one is planned to happen.

Rob143

« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2011, 08:24 »

SGT has that one and it's scheduled for fall 2012.  Their website says they have three to do between now and 2013.  Waterford this spring is one, Sequoyah in fall 2012 is another, but no idea when or where the third one is.

Rob143

« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:10 »
W3 this Spring?  Guess again.

Ok...I'll bite.  If not this spring when did the SGRP at Waterford get pushed to?

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
  • Don't worry about the mule just load the wagon!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:32 »
Unit 2.  75 days starting 10/21/12.
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired.

Rob143

« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:45 »
The next cycle. Which means it will probably be competing with Sequoyah for staffing.  SGT has the primary contracts at both and they have only one 'A' Team...so....who draws the short straw and gets the 'B' team?

That is news to me.  I know when they left Three Mile they were slated to be heading to Waterford for spring 2011.  Until just now I hadn't heard that this got pushed back.  I experienced their "B" team at Three Mile and wouldn't wish that on either of these plants. Thanks for the info.

About the only thing memorable about the "B" team was the night one of their laborers...THE number one SGT fan prior to getting sick of their crap...drug up with style.  If you're gonna go...GO BIG.  For those who were there you will never forget it when he asked the safety guy for the mic at shift roll out.  The old sprint pin drop commercial comes to mind.  The old schoolers would have been proud.

Offline tymekeeper

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2011, 08:49 »
All Calvert's, Byron's and Farley's are done.

ohio_goonie

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 10:33 »
That is news to me.  I know when they left Three Mile they were slated to be heading to Waterford for spring 2011.  Until just now I hadn't heard that this got pushed back.  I experienced their "B" team at Three Mile and wouldn't wish that on either of these plants. Thanks for the info.

About the only thing memorable about the "B" team was the night one of their laborers...THE number one SGT fan prior to getting sick of their crap...drug up with style.  If you're gonna go...GO BIG.  For those who were there you will never forget it when he asked the safety guy for the mic at shift roll out.  The old sprint pin drop commercial comes to mind.  The old schoolers would have been proud.

I was down at Waterford in fall of 10 doing some prep work with SGT. There were complications with the new generators and the SGR was pushed to the next cycle which will be fall of 2012. I was at the SGR at TMI as well and im glad im at least "team B", though i was on days where i thought things went pretty smooth.

RJ

Offline spentfuel

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 01:53 »
All the Duke plants are done with the exception of Catawba unit 2 which has a different design than the W D3 so there is no plan to replace that unit.

BTW I don't think Zion or Trojan have done replacements yet  ;D

sorry could not resist

sf

Offline koop225

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Jul 21, 2011, 04:12 »
I've heard that Davis-Besse has one coming up in 2013

Offline krickgauer

• Lurker
« Reply #12 on: Sep 19, 2011, 10:21 »
I know Comanche peak was only planning to the unit 1 side.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #13 on: Sep 20, 2011, 06:33 »
BTW I don't think Zion or Trojan have done replacements yet  ;D

sorry could not resist

sf

Actually Zion is going to do a SGRP (Steam Generator Removal Project)

Sorry, but I couldn't resist :P
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline msrobo

• Lurker
« Reply #14 on: Sep 21, 2011, 10:22 »
My husband is at Davis bessie now and they said they will be doing theres next spring ( May) so it will run into the summer.

Offline robua373

• Lurker
« Reply #15 on: Apr 11, 2012, 01:03 »
Waterford this fall, Prairie island next year, Sequoyah some time soon, Davis Besse, Someone said Beaver Valley also.
SGT has Waterford and Sequoyah, B&W has PI, Bechtel has Davis Besse and I believe they would also have BV. SONGS both units are down with Tube issues in their new SGs and Oconee has had issues also with new SGs.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?