Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Jr. RP's honeypot

Author Topic: Jr. RP's  (Read 57612 times)

Offline Derrick

• Very Lite User
Re: Jr. RP's
« Reply #75 on: Oct 08, 2010, 01:10 »
Hey guys.I graduated from Lake Michigan College with a degree in energy production.Im interested in outage work.anything entry level to get me in.Any advice.Ive called DZ,Bartlett,Shaw...im just having trouble getting in to be honest.Everyone wants you to have 5 months experience.Is there any way around this.I have a degree in operations.Associates degree.Im sure i can pass a drug test and background test.Im just frustrated.ive really been calling alot of places.Ive called Scott with Bartlett.Joey...Is there anyone i can forward my resume to on here that may be able to shoot me in the right direction.Im finding out in this industry that it helps who you know.I have no family or friends in this industry.I graduated with a good grades.Im just a young hardworking guy that just would like a opportunitie.Im willing to travel for outage work also.I dont wont to offend anyone but please tell me that i dont have to know someone to get in outage work.Like i said im a hardworker and ill start at the bottom.Decon.or Jr Rp.I just would like a opportunity.

Thanks
Derrick

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #76 on: Oct 08, 2010, 12:21 »
Hey guys.I graduated from Lake Michigan College with a degree in energy production.Im interested in outage work.anything entry level to get me in.Any advice.Ive called DZ,Bartlett,Shaw...im just having trouble getting in to be honest.Everyone wants you to have 5 months experience.Is there any way around this.I have a degree in operations.Associates degree.Im sure i can pass a drug test and background test.Im just frustrated.ive really been calling alot of places.Ive called Scott with Bartlett.Joey...Is there anyone i can forward my resume to on here that may be able to shoot me in the right direction.Im finding out in this industry that it helps who you know.I have no family or friends in this industry.I graduated with a good grades.Im just a young hardworking guy that just would like a opportunitie.Im willing to travel for outage work also.I dont wont to offend anyone but please tell me that i dont have to know someone to get in outage work.Like i said im a hardworker and ill start at the bottom.Decon.or Jr Rp.I just would like a opportunity.

Thanks

Unfortunately, the fall outage season has already peaked, so you may not find work until next spring.  Definitely keep trying (it sounds like you are checking all the right places), but...   :(

Next spring, there is going to be a huge demand for techs (lots of plants refueling), so you almost certainly will get a job. 

Until then, keep applying to every entry level job you see posted here...maybe you'll be in the right place at the right time.

Good luck.   :)

(AAAACK!  Have they already flooded the market again?)   :-[
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline sscone

• Moderate User
« Reply #77 on: Oct 08, 2010, 12:27 »
Unfortunately, the fall outage season has already peaked, so you may not find work until next spring.  Definitely keep trying (it sounds like you are checking all the right places), but...   :(

Next spring, there is going to be a huge demand for techs (lots of plants refueling), so you almost certainly will get a job. 

Until then, keep applying to every entry level job you see posted here...maybe you'll be in the right place at the right time.

Good luck.   :)

(AAAACK!  Have they already flooded the market again?)   :-[
Yeah Unca Is right, Just keep calling. The recruiters at bartlett wil know more in the next couple of weeks for the spring season. JUst keep calling and hang in there.

Offline 5kip6

• Light User
  • All's great!
« Reply #78 on: Oct 08, 2010, 09:56 »
Hang in there,  keep calling Bartlett,  Atlantic,  Dade Moeller, & any other company that is listed here on Nukeworker.  Duke system seems to be a good start for juniors.  They have 5 outages next year.  If you get in you could get about 6-7 months work.   I started in this business in 92,  have no relatives or friends in this business.  I just finished college when I found out  that Bartlett was looking for an admin.  I applied for the  job, got it.  I am now a Sr. RP.  Took me a while to become Senior but,  I did whatever I could,  Admin, decon or junior. I have been a Senior now since 2007.  Go to www.bartlettinc.com and look at their wishlist for next year. call Bartlett, once a week.  keep your name fresh in their minds.   LIFE IS GOOD!   

Sun Dog

« Reply #79 on: Jan 27, 2011, 07:49 »
Opportunities may be rare...but they exist:

...seeking Jr Radiological Control Technicians to support dredging operations in Sea Plane Lagoon at Alameda Naval Air Station in Alameda, Ca.

Hourly rate is $19.76 an hour and time and one half for overtime, if worked.  Per diem is paid at $140 per day.  We will also pay travel at the going federal mileage rate up to $1,000 for travel in and travel out.

Job is expected to last at least 6 weeks with a start date of yesterday.

Qualified and interested candidates may contact...
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2011, 07:50 by Sun Dog »

Offline 5kip6

• Light User
  • All's great!
« Reply #80 on: Jan 28, 2011, 09:32 »
Who has the contract?   I have a friend that is a Jr, interested, Yesterday!

Offline 5kip6

• Light User
  • All's great!
« Reply #81 on: Jan 28, 2011, 04:25 »
Thank you!

Offline iiiisx349

• Moderate User
  • i love fishing
« Reply #82 on: Jan 28, 2011, 05:02 »
i used to be a jr. that was years ago and it looks like the job already started but thought id give a try anyway

johnnyreb

« Reply #83 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:08 »
  to be a junior today; find the coordinator and pay him the going rate, be a friend or relative of same or a client potentate, sleep with the decision maker. sadly hard work and ambition will get you as far as the outside gate. connections, connections , connections

Sun Dog

« Reply #84 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:30 »
 to be a junior today; find the coordinator and pay him the going rate, be a friend or relative of same or a client potentate, sleep with the decision maker. sadly hard work and ambition will get you as far as the outside gate. connections, connections , connections

JR (how ironic) - You obviously have been hurt.  Posting inane rants will not remove the chip from your shoulder or heal your wounded pride.  Seek counseling before it is too late.  I predict this latest rant will result in 3 or 4 more K-, not that you'll give a hoot.

Opportunities for Jr RP techs are more abundant now than in recent memory, at least mine.  I hope those who are interested in learning the trade get busy and 'carpe diem'.
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2011, 07:31 by Sun Dog »

Offline retread

• Old, fat meter reader
  • Heavy User
  • Every day above ground is a good one
« Reply #85 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:33 »
JR (how ironic) - You obviously have been hurt.  Posting inane rants will not remove the chip from your shoulder or heal your wounded pride.  Seek counseling before it is too late.  I predict this latest rant will result in 3 or 4 more K-, not that you'll give a hoot.

Opportunities for Jr RP techs are more abundant now than in recent memory, at least mine.  I hope those who are interested in learning the trade get busy and 'carpe diem'.
Great post Dog!!
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be patient and kind.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.
In business, be competent.

johnnyreb

« Reply #86 on: Feb 02, 2011, 03:26 »
  facts are facts, while an ambitious outsider may make it in the door he will have to run a large bar tab to stay around or she will have to be attractive and very very friendly

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #87 on: Feb 04, 2011, 09:31 »
  facts are facts, while an ambitious outsider may make it in the door he will have to run a large bar tab to stay around or she will have to be attractive and very very friendly

Your opinion does not make it a fact.

johnnyreb

« Reply #88 on: Feb 04, 2011, 03:27 »
  nor yours

Offline retread

• Old, fat meter reader
  • Heavy User
  • Every day above ground is a good one
« Reply #89 on: Feb 04, 2011, 05:02 »
  nor yours
JR, please excuse me for this but you seem to only want to create hate and discontent.  If that's your only intention, I believe we can do without it.  Did you have a girlfriend who was a Junior and lost her to a site coordinator?! [hijack] :dupe: [BS] [BS] [BS] [BS]
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be patient and kind.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.
In business, be competent.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #90 on: Feb 04, 2011, 06:58 »
JR, please excuse me for this but you seem to only want to create hate and discontent.  If that's your only intention, I believe we can do without it.  Did you have a girlfriend who was a Junior and lost her to a site coordinator?! [hijack] :dupe: [BS] [BS] [BS] [BS]

[jerry] [jerry] [jerry] [jerry]

classic!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?