Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Trying to locate instrument source check jigs  

Author Topic: Trying to locate instrument source check jigs  (Read 8137 times)

Offline wp_913

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Trying to locate instrument source check jigs
« on: Feb 07, 2011, 02:15 »
Greetings,

We are trying to locate for purchase, instrument source check jigs. Our searches online for suppliers has yielded nothing so far. We were actually surprised that the larger instrument manufacturers do not offer jigs for sale.

Does anyone know if instrument source check jigs are available from any suppliers. I have been told that many sites have engineered and made the units in their shops.

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated.

Cathy

Re: Trying to locate instrument source check jigs
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2011, 06:29 »
Most of the ones I have seen were in-house made. If you do not have access to a machine shop at your own facility you might conside a local machine shop. I am sure you could take them pictures of what you want with some measurements, or even let them look at the meter it will be used with, and have a local company make it for you.

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2011, 08:44 »
You will generally do a whole lot better making them in-house!
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline roosterfitz

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2011, 01:52 »
We bought many of our jigs from JL Shepherd for our model 89 box calibrators. As Instrument models changed, we made whatever we needed in house. Most are made from plexiglass. All you need is a fixed geometry with a known distance between source center line and detector center line. Are you using a box, beam, panoramic or well calibrator?

Offline spentfuel

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2011, 12:44 »
Yep would help to know what kind of jig your looking for.  I have made several myself over time and as implied plexiglass is lighter and easier to use if you have users that will not destroy it.

sf

Offline wp_913

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2011, 01:12 »
Hi all,

Thank you all very much for the info. The responses confirmed my belief that it appears the best way to proceed is to design and build our own instrument check-source jigs. The bosses were hoping to find something available off the shelf, which probably is not an option.

Take care, and be safe out there...

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?