Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Why does the initial PHQ inquire about your credit history?

Author Topic: Why does the initial PHQ inquire about your credit history?  (Read 5000 times)

nu-nuker

Anyone know?

ski2313

I can't answer with any certainty (since I am not in the access business), but I will give you my best guess, as I asked myself this same question..

1. They check for addresses that you've lived at, to verify what's on your PHQ.

2. They want to make sure you aren't in dire financial straits, as that would potentially make you susceptible to a financial bribe from an outside source.

3. General trustworthiness or reliability

With that being said, I had a number of issues on my credit report from a a few years back, and each of them required an explanation to the access personnel (no problem, it's understandable and I expected it). I also had an address on my credit report that wasn't on my PHQ that was questioned. It's an address that I have never lived at, and one that (after checking) doesn't even exist.. I verified this, with the access interviewer right next to me using google maps.. Just be upfront with everything. They'll find out eventually anyways.

nu-nuker

Thanks ski.  That all makes sense.  I have a few problems on my report, and I will just explain it all. 

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
There is a correlation between reliability and credit history.

ski2313

There is a correlation between reliability and credit history.

About 50% of the time.

Content1

Some car insurance companies use it as an excuse to raise your rates too.  They usually swon't exclude your for a poor report, but it may make it harder for a Q clearance someday.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
ski2313 has it right.  They don't really care if you are a good credit risk.  They are looking for addresses.  They will make you explain questionable entries, but any credible and reasonable explanation will do.  If, however, you show patterns consistent with laundering money, drug activity, or criminal behavior, look out.  There aren't many credible and reasonable explanations for that stuff.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?