Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Does every MM hate this pump as much as me  

Author Topic: Does every MM hate this pump as much as me  (Read 31964 times)

Cycoticpenguin

Re: Does every MM hate this pump as much as me
« Reply #25 on: Apr 23, 2011, 03:07 »
44' diameter hull.  My biggest bilge was maybe 12'x4', between tankage, components, and frames.
Honestly, if I'd ever learned why it was gray, I've long-since forgotten.  As far as I could tell, it's because it glistens so nicely when there's oil leaking from the SS Hyd Plant, which means that any blind man with a flashlight could find it.

so much much less work painting is what Im hearing. I also found out you guys powder coat..... -.-

Offline 730SMAG

• Moderate User
« Reply #26 on: Apr 23, 2011, 03:12 »
so much much less work painting is what Im hearing. I also found out you guys powder coat..... -.-
Pain-ting?  What is this pain-ting you speak of?  Is it when the shipyard workers come down and refinish everything?

More seriously, we don't do all that much ship's force painting.  Maybe every other offcrew or something, with touch-ups in between. 

And...what do we powdercoat?  I know some fast boats powdercoated their funnels, but aside from that, the only things I can think of that are powdercoated are valve handwheels.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #27 on: Apr 23, 2011, 03:35 »
Pain-ting?  What is this pain-ting you speak of?  Is it when the shipyard workers come down and refinish everything?

More seriously, we don't do all that much ship's force painting.  Maybe every other offcrew or something, with touch-ups in between. 

And...what do we powdercoat?  I know some fast boats powdercoated their funnels, but aside from that, the only things I can think of that are powdercoated are valve handwheels.

You do realize you are murdering any credentials you sub guys once had, right? :D hahaha Keep going, Im eating it up!!!

[stir] [stir] [stir]

Offline 730SMAG

• Moderate User
« Reply #28 on: Apr 23, 2011, 03:17 »
You do realize you are murdering any credentials you sub guys once had, right? :D hahaha Keep going, Im eating it up!!!

[stir] [stir] [stir]
Oh, so when I tell you about our spacious berthing compartments with personal air conditioning...

What's a "dry bilge"?!?!?!?       :-> heheheheh,....Oh yeah that would be a USN oxymoron

Marssim, former MM1/SS (never rode a 688 or newer class)
As far as I can tell, a dry bilge is something dreamed up by NRRO for additional cleaning requirements.  :P

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #29 on: Apr 23, 2011, 04:11 »
Oh, so when I tell you about our spacious berthing compartments with personal air conditioning...
As far as I can tell, a dry bilge is something dreamed up by NRRO for additional cleaning requirements.  :P

Yeah cant argue too much with that. Me and Drayer (circumstantially and on  opposite sides of berthing too) had Chateua Ritz's compared to what you had. I had my own vent duct for air conditioning, I had my PS and TV mounted to my bed (top racks can do cool stuff if noobies are watching), I was about 2 ft away from a power supply, it was ALWAYS dark (those darn lights just kept on breaking...), and I had massive amounts of storage on my rack. Drayer had an even sweet gig going lol.

Dry bilges are a joke. Aluminum clad bilges just make too much damn sense to me.

drayer54

« Reply #30 on: Apr 23, 2011, 04:49 »
Yeah cant argue too much with that. Me and Drayer (circumstantially and on  opposite sides of berthing too) had Chateua Ritz's compared to what you had. I had my own vent duct for air conditioning, I had my PS and TV mounted to my bed (top racks can do cool stuff if noobies are watching), I was about 2 ft away from a power supply, it was ALWAYS dark (those darn lights just kept on breaking...), and I had massive amounts of storage on my rack. Drayer had an even sweet gig going lol.

Dry bilges are a joke. Aluminum clad bilges just make too much damn sense to me.
I had an 80ft coax cable delivering me don't shake the baby AFN commercials right to my rack, an electric outlet just for my rack, hidden storage, adjustable air flow from the A/C,2 adjustable fans that would swing from out of view all the way to about a foot from the face,blackout curtain, rackpack storage, and a custom select comfort bedding set just for my deployments. I was also in the corner where it was quiet and always dark. I learned real quick how to make it comfortable. I used a white coax to blend in with all the other cables being ran through overhead and had access to all the storerooms. Anything worth doing, is worth doing right and this sure as hell wasn't the standard rack.

I still think I should have gone subs...
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2011, 05:02 by drayer54 »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?