Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Fred Heagy honeypot

Author Topic: Fred Heagy  (Read 4033 times)

Offline DonDarHPs

• Very Lite User
  • !!
Fred Heagy
« on: Feb 28, 2011, 07:47 »
Our friend, Fred, the shorter of the nuclear Bartles & Jaymes, we will miss you!

Frederick A. "Fred" Heagy, 71, of Mount Joy passed away on January 2, 2011, at the Mount Joy, Hospice of Lancaster County facility with his family at his side. He was the devoted husband of Jeanette Gruber Heagy. Fred and Jeanette recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on November 27. In addition to his wife, he is also survived by his daughter, Cindy Lu Heagy Mark of Mount Joy.

Fred was a 1957 graduate of Manheim Central High School. He served in the US Air Force from 1958 to 1962 as an aircraft and missile electrical technician. After his service in the Air Force, he graduated from Alvernia College. Fred began a career in Insurance with Metropolitan Life and later worked for American General Insurance Company, both of Lancaster. In 1987, Fred joined Bartlett Nuclear, Inc., where he was employed as a health physicist until his illness prevented him from continuing his work in 2010.

He was a member of the Mount Joy American Legion, Post 185, the National Rifle Assoc. and enjoyed hunting and fishing. Fred was a Penn State fan and enjoyed watching the Phillies and Eagles. He also enjoyed trips to Ocean City, MD but especially enjoyed spending time at his cabin near Colonel Denning State Park

Offline let-it-ride

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: Fred Heagy
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2011, 06:42 »
Fred and I started in the business on the same day at Peach Bottom. He was always making everyone feel good about the time we were spending together even though we worked lots of hours. I lost contact with him and his "nuclear partner" over the years, but every now and then I meet someone that knew him. He was one of the good guys that all of us want to be. He will be missed.

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2011, 11:25 »
My sympathies to his family....
Fred was always great to talk to...kinda had a way of bringing you back to reality..of whats important in life...
Fred & Ken together again.
We'll miss you Fred!
Lee
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2011, 11:29 by RRhoads »

Offline Jack U. Loyd

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2011, 07:21 »
Super nice guy.......Definitely will be missed.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?