Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Recently EX Navy in the Tenn Valley

Author Topic: Recently EX Navy in the Tenn Valley  (Read 4929 times)

JLutz

Recently EX Navy in the Tenn Valley
« on: Mar 06, 2011, 08:35 »
Hello All,

I am a recently separated Nuclear Electrician's Mate that has relocated to the Tennessee Valley. I got involved with a headhunting company and signed on with a manufacturing company near Murfreesboro TN, long story short, the hours and the job do not quite live up to what I was sold.

In the service I had always heard that the TVA was a great organization to work for as an operator, that being said I would like to try to get info towards applying at the Brown's Ferry facility.

My experience level is 8 years of service in the nuclear navy, qualified shutdown reactor operator, and qualified propulsion plant watch supervisor.

Any info or advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Fermi2

Re: Recently EX Navy in the Tenn Valley
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2011, 11:39 »
Try using the search function first nub.

Offline tymekeeper

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2011, 11:45 »
Saw your post and was wondering if you had tried looking at www.tva.gov. (employment link is at the bottom of the page) This is where the jobs available to the public would be posted. These would be for all 3 of there nuclear facilities as well as the fossil facilities. Depending on where you moved to in the Tennessee Valley, you may be closer to Watts Bar or Sequoyah nuclear. Also, you may look at hiring in to a non-nuclear facility to get your foot in the door with the company and then transferring within the company to get where you want to end up.

JLutz

« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2011, 06:59 »
Thanks Tyme, I'll look into it

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?