Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NAPT Test guides or practice tests?
honeypot

Author Topic: NAPT Test guides or practice tests?  (Read 81797 times)

drayer54

Re: NAPT Test guides or practice tests?
« Reply #25 on: Mar 10, 2011, 10:47 »
And now let me tell you why our educational system is going down hill fast (and I'll admit I'm a lot older than most of you).
When I went to HS: Basic Physics was a Freshman (9th grade) class, Basic Trig was a So or Jr class - these were required for all (college prep or not).  Basic Calc was a required class for all college prep (even those headed for an English, History, etc, program).
Now wonder why our children are not getting an adequate education!
JMO  ;)
That was the path we did when I was in school. I took Calc as a Junior. The answer to the famed 'W' question of "Is our children learning?" Is no!
The teachers are not to blame either, this country has a bad taste in its mouth for overpaid bad teachers and it's ridiculous. Wisconsin teachers are not why we test so low. We don't value education and our educators enough. We are making our teachers teach to these stupid standardized tests. Parents are coddling these kids and defending them all the time giving the teachers no room for discipline or control of the classroom. On the same note, kids are distracted by cell phones and tech crap that is in their pockets. We are cutting resources from the schools left and right (in addition to teachers!) and making our teachers work in much larger classrooms with far less resources. I'm afraid of where to put my kid in this declining educational system...  [DH] [hijack] [OT] [DH] [hijack]

Ok, off the stump.....

ZSchill-Berry

« Reply #26 on: Mar 11, 2011, 07:01 »
Here is how my math career is going in high-school... freshmen yr Algebra 1 soph geometry junior year algebra 2 senior yr I am taking a.computer class... also I go to a county ag school....

Offline Gamecock

• Gold Member
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #27 on: Mar 11, 2011, 07:13 »
If you are calling BS on the claim that there is not a place with calculus or physics in high school.... let me tell you, I've seen it... It wasn't pretty.

Home, Sweet Home!!
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

MacGyver

« Reply #28 on: Mar 11, 2011, 07:36 »
Some one needs to split the last few posts over to some other thread,....

This one is slippery sloping fast,....

MacGyver

« Reply #29 on: Mar 11, 2011, 08:28 »
There I was minding my own business in the corner chomp'in down on some bamboo :P

and out of nowhere  :o   "Don't taze me bro ..."  ;)  :P :P :P :P

This isn't the case for the bullet fired from the gun, since it will be spinning at a high rate of speed while it flies in the horizontal direction.  This spinning motion will in fact create a force which is perpendicular to the direction of motion.  Therefore, the two bullets will not hit the ground at the same time.

V/R
GC
MIT Graduate ;)

I don't disagree with you GC (i.e. that I am over simplifying a complicated issue).  I was trying to help the young sailor {navy nuke want'ta'be} on how to view (and not over think) the questions on the NAPT.  I am not sure how that turned out at this point.

BUT, since this thread is now in the weeds; let me offer this to the group.

At A School (circa late 1980's) on the Physics final (iirc) we were given the following question for extra credit.

Briefly describe in detail "What happens when an un-stoppable object impacts an un-moveable object?"
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2011, 01:08 by MacGyver »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #30 on: Mar 11, 2011, 01:32 »
This isn't the case for the bullet fired from the gun, since it will be spinning at a high rate of speed while it flies in the horizontal direction.  This spinning motion will in fact create a force which is perpendicular to the direction of motion.  Therefore, the two bullets will not hit the ground at the same time.

V/R
GC
MIT Graduate ;)

But that perpendicular force will rotate with the bullet's center of mass. My theory is that the slight discrepancy between the two, as measured in labs and MythBusters, due more to: 1. changes to fired bullet path-length due to rifling pitch (this is especially pronounced in the M193 ball round fired through M16A1 20" barrels at 1:12 pitch vs M16A2 1:7 pitch 20" barrels, hence the switch to the M855 round)

-and-

2. Coanda effect on a rapidly moving object.

Just my 2 hayshillings worth, from a distant relative of James Clerk Maxwell  ;)

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #31 on: Mar 11, 2011, 03:28 »

Briefly describe in detail "What happens when an un-stoppable object impacts an un-moveable object?"

Chuck Norris was born.

MacGyver

« Reply #32 on: Mar 14, 2011, 09:02 »
Chuck Norris was born.

Actually I used SCRIPTURE for full credit.

ZSchill-Berry

« Reply #33 on: Mar 14, 2011, 10:00 »
The things people come up with lmfao... cant wait to hear back about my waiver and then set up a time to go take the NAPT

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #34 on: Mar 15, 2011, 05:06 »
Actually I used SCRIPTURE for full credit.

My next choice was the big bang, but yours is equally credible ;)

Schill -> good luck, let us know how it goes man.

ZSchill-Berry

« Reply #35 on: Mar 16, 2011, 09:59 »
My next choice was the big bang, but yours is equally credible ;)

Schill -> good luck, let us know how it goes man.
Will do sir. still waiting to hear back from my recruiter about my waiver. been waiting about a week now.. gotta love the Navy and how it likes to take it's time.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #36 on: Mar 16, 2011, 12:37 »
Will do sir. still waiting to hear back from my recruiter about my waiver. been waiting about a week now.. gotta love the Navy and how it likes to take it's time.

LMAO get used to it buddy ;) Ask drayer or search my previous posts from a few years ago to see TRUELY how the navy does its paper work ;)

ZSchill-Berry

« Reply #37 on: Mar 16, 2011, 05:00 »
LMAO get used to it buddy ;) Ask drayer or search my previous posts from a few years ago to see TRUELY how the navy does its paper work ;)
Lol will do when I get home.. I have heard quite the amount of people complain about the navy's slow moving pace

drayer54

« Reply #38 on: Mar 16, 2011, 05:09 »
World's Finest Navy.... That said, yeah it takes forever and lower all expectations with anything outside of the nuclear community. For example, Navy's been making burgers for many years and still can't find a bun to fit the burger.
Paperwork...... No different. Although, I've been hearing for years that we are going to "continue" to become even more paperless to make things 'more' efficient.
Imagine how long it should take and multiply it by a decent number....
Good Luck!
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2011, 05:10 by drayer54 »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?