Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Attack site?

Author Topic: Attack site?  (Read 7676 times)

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Attack site?
« on: Dec 01, 2011, 08:10 »
For a few minutes tonight, my firefox browser AND open DNS wouldn't let me come to NW.com. Said it was reported as an attack site;

"Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for nukeworker.com/forum

What is the current listing status for nukeworker.com/forum?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-10-18, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS10532 (RACKSPACE).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, nukeworker.com/forum did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
    If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center."

It cleared up within minutes though.

Just giving you a heads up.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline cheme09

• Moderate User
Re: Attack site?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2011, 09:58 »
I just got the same type of warning.  Copied below:

What is the current listing status for nukeworker.com/forum?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 4 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-12-01, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-12-01.
Malicious software includes 2 trojan(s), 1 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 5 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including sweaths.in/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS10532 (RACKSPACE).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, nukeworker.com/forum did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

cabrego

« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2011, 11:21 »
Same here with google chrome.  It was a good excuse for me to update my virus software.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2011, 02:45 »
Working on it.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2011, 03:00 »
The source of the problem is fixed.  It will probably take a day or two for google to recognize it has been fixed.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2011, 03:25 »
At least the 'blockage' is resticted to the forum, with people using firefox (me) and chrome. And google search :(

Job board is not blocked.
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2011, 04:34 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2011, 04:27 »
We've received a request from a site owner to reconsider how we index the following site: http://www.nukeworker.com/

We'll review the site. If we find that it's no longer in violation of our Webmaster Guidelines, we'll reconsider our indexing of the site. Please allow several weeks for the reconsideration request. We do review all requests, but unfortunately we can't reply individually to each request.

OMG. we may all have to use internet explorer for a few weeks.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2011, 05:36 »
Kindle fire isn't blocked.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2011, 05:41 »
Android isn't. :) Won't be able to try ff again until later today.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline bjm238

• Very Lite User
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2011, 12:10 »
I got the warning last night and just opted to ignore the warning.  (Firefox user) Somewhere there should be an option to continue on to the site anyways despite the warning at least for Firefox.

Also in Firefox at least if you look at the details it gives you an option click something that reads close to "This is not an attack site" which I also clicked I don't know if it will help or not with the site review.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2011, 02:13 »
I fixed the problem, and then asked Google to re-evaluate the site, which it has.  It has given us a clean bill of health, and everything works fine again.

Until next time.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?