Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Demron Nuke proof Suit honeypot

Author Topic: Demron Nuke proof Suit  (Read 16624 times)

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
Demron Nuke proof Suit
« on: Mar 18, 2011, 10:31 »
This is snake oil selling at its finest.  Showing these suits protect against radiation and sending to Japan.   They had a cadmium source and they put a layer of this suit against it on FOX News. Showing the source was about 1000 CPM on contact with GM probe.  Then with suit over source its only 100 cpm.

Yeah it cut the radiation by 10 times these people are heroes why aren't the Nuke Plants in the USA  using these  was the question ask.
 Number 1  GM probe only one percent efficent for Gamma.

Number 2 it basically just shielded the  Beta.

These people need to go to Nuke Jail or go to basic rad class.  I vote nuke jail, if they sell this crap they should know  it is useless.

More here Saying what heroes these people are!!!
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/16/2118690/radiation-suits-from-south-florida.html

Here is a video as silly as this  suit.  Nukeproof Suit!!

« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2011, 10:44 by thenukeman »

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
Re: Demron Nuke proof Suit
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2011, 11:58 »
OOOoooooh! Think we could get them on ebay????    ROFL
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

Offline hp

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2011, 02:34 »
 I don't think the Rad class will help these people. I vote Nuke jail.
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2011, 02:35 by hp »

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2011, 03:15 »
And yes you can buy it on EBAY for 1500 dollars!!!!! Here you go people Demeron nukeproof suits on EBAY!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nuclear-radiation-DEMRON-safety-protection-suit-cw-mask-/200587290754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2eb3ef2882

Why does Demeron rhyme with Moron??

Because its named after the people who will buy them is my answer.

When I was in the Army I believe a tank had 90 percent shielding. Thats about the best nukeproof suit I know.  Drive the Japan People up to the area in M-1Tanks.  Do what you need to do and jump back into your tank.  Then get the hell out.  Even armored personnel carrier had about 80 percent shielding and can carry more people and needed items.
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2011, 03:24 by thenukeman »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2011, 10:12 »
And yes you can buy it on EBAY for 1500 dollars!!!!! Here you go people Demeron nukeproof suits on EBAY!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nuclear-radiation-DEMRON-safety-protection-suit-cw-mask-/200587290754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2eb3ef2882

Why does Demeron rhyme with Moron??

Because its named after the people who will buy them is my answer.

When I was in the Army I believe a tank had 90 percent shielding. Thats about the best nukeproof suit I know.  Drive the Japan People up to the area in M-1Tanks.  Do what you need to do and jump back into your tank.  Then get the hell out.  Even armored personnel carrier had about 80 percent shielding and can carry more people and needed items.

an M-1 tank had about 1.5 tenth-thickness of attentuation factor, as per the chart:

Extra credit question: Why does the M48 tank have a lower transmission factor (i.e. more attenuation) than the M1 abrams? ;)
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2011, 10:14 by HydroDave63 »

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2011, 10:23 »
I am so  ashamed,  A squid out nuked me with his chart. 90 percent just being conservative.  OK I will attempt Question though,

M48 has more shielding because its armor is mostly metal versus a composite armor for M-1.

I was thinking not being a squid and all could the Japanese navy grounded one of their war ships and used the pumps on ship  to pour water into the reactor. 

Squids and rad workers stay in ship for shielding,  just need hose.

Please I need a squid reply!!!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2011, 10:35 »
I am so  ashamed,  A squid out nuked me with his chart. 90 percent just being conservative.  OK I will attempt Question though,

M48 has more shielding because its armor is mostly metal versus a composite armor for M-1.

I was thinking not being a squid and all could the Japanese navy grounded one of their war ships and used the pumps on ship  to pour water into the reactor.  

Squids and rad workers stay in ship for shielding,  just need hose.

No problem here you go.

[spank] Go Navy Beat Army  [spank]

[devious] Wait they have done that for the last 9 years.  [devious]

[Flamer] Navy now leads the all-time series with a record of 55 wins, 49 losses, and seven ties. [Flamer]

« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2011, 10:41 by Marlin »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2011, 10:43 »
No problem here you go.

[spank] Go Navy Beat Army  [spank]

[devious] Wait they have done that for the last 9 years.  [devious]

[Flamer] Navy now leads the all-time series with a record of 55 wins, 49 losses, and seven ties. [Flamer]

[OT] [OT] [OT]

This reminds me of the shields for the cell phones and computer screens.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2011, 10:53 »

I was thinking not being a squid and all could the Japanese navy grounded one of their war ships and used the pumps on ship  to pour water into the reactor. 

Squids and rad workers stay in ship for shielding,  just need hose.

This whaling ship has a much more awesome firesquirting apparatus up front than the standard setup on a surface combatant, since the whalers use these to keep protestors at bay:

Considering that after some time of hosing down the reactors, the highly contaminated debris will be in the water near the ship, being sucked into the intakes. Better buy the boat cheap, because it's not going in green trash when it is done  >:(

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #9 on: Mar 18, 2011, 11:02 »
This whaling ship has a much more awesome firesquirting apparatus up front than the standard setup on a surface combatant, since the whalers use these to keep protestors at bay:

Considering that after some time of hosing down the reactors, the highly contaminated debris will be in the water near the ship, being sucked into the intakes. Better buy the boat cheap, because it's not going in green trash when it is done  >:(

that thing is AWESOME! :D

Whats going on at the bottom of the ship? It looks like its running over a surfaced submarine O.o

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #10 on: Mar 18, 2011, 11:23 »

Now you know why they would have had you riding in the thin aluminum M577 carrier ;)

Correct on the M-1 composite armor for the lower attenuation factor.

If you want a modern tank with good steel armor for attenuation during personnel transport, I'd suggest the Merkava III.

Offline Vermontguys

• Very Lite User
  • Kickin tires... Lightin fires!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 19, 2011, 09:37 »
I have tested a piece of Demron and it is worthless for shielding cesium and cobalt gamma. However it did create a big black square on the viewing screen when it went though the xray machine.
I think the best application for the stuff is underwear and bras for frequent fliers :D

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #12 on: Mar 21, 2011, 06:14 »
I think the best application for the stuff is underwear and bras for frequent fliers :D
that'll bee a fast track two the pat down!
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?