Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu TVA subcontractor faces federal charges

Author Topic: TVA subcontractor faces federal charges  (Read 7660 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
TVA subcontractor faces federal charges
« on: Mar 24, 2011, 12:55 »
KNOXVILLE — A TVA subcontractor faces federal charges in the filing of false reports on construction of a nuclear power plant.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/mar/24/officials-tva-faces-charges-tied-nuclear-site/

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
Re: TVA subcontractor faces federal charges
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2011, 01:58 »
What a douchebag. And not the perfumey nice smelling kind either!

Really?!?! How hard is to do what you are getting paid to do? If you don't want to do that job, I suggest not taking it on in the first place. Hope he goes to jail for it.

And think of all the people he could have hurt had this not been found and an issue had occured.

More bad press for the Nuke industry, I am sure will follow this.
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

Offline Styrofoam

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2011, 01:25 »
My initial reaction is anger, but now I'm just confused. What would motivate someone to do this?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2011, 02:03 »
My initial reaction is anger, but now I'm just confused. What would motivate someone to do this?

same reason someone wouldn't look at boric acid snowman on a reactor vessel head, or properly test to see if slightly dirty cable tray insulation in fact burns like cotton candy. Expediency.

Sun Dog

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2011, 07:53 »

The industry gets bad press, with or without this type of performance.  If packaged properly, this may even be a vehicle for good press.

Hopefully we’ll read about this in a WSJ OpEd, a piece that includes the following points:

The construction project remains on schedule, in spite of the criminal act.

The systems of checks and balances worked, demonstrating that no one person can adversely impact the future safe performance of a unit under construction.

The dirtbag got 20-years behind bars, effectively eliminating him from the gene pool.  It also sends a strong message to other potential lazy dirtbags.

The dirtbag admitted to a cellmate that he was secretly working for the anti-nuke organization Fathers for War.  His undercover assignment was to discredit the commercial nuclear industry and derail new construction.  He failed.
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2011, 09:02 by Sun Dog »

Sun Dog

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2011, 08:59 »
You gotta provide a reference for that one,...you gotta,...it's only right,...

unless it's a  :->, which changes everything except my ability to get it sometimes,...

OK...

The first two points are real time.  The schedule is not impacted.  The system worked.

The other two points I made after just finishing a tour in my time machine (thanks H.G.).  If I need to edit my post to protect the not necessarily innocent, I will.  Accepting PMs for instructions.

I don't blame anyone who did not get it ( :->).  It was early and the coffee was weak.

« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2011, 09:06 by Sun Dog »

Pman52

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2011, 09:01 »

I don't blame anyone who did not get it ( :->).  It was early and the coffee was weak.

I got it.  Of course I was just finishing up my first cup.  It provided me a good Friday morning laugh.  For that I thank you...  ;D

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2011, 11:12 »

I BEG TO DIFFER! I got a semi reading this. Its great publicity for us dude. It shows we are actively engaged in every thing we do, and if we see a violation like this, we squash the bejesus out of it. It all sends a good message to contractors thinking they can get away with stuff. So, kudos for TVA.

Id rather have this publicity then 5 years down "A new nuclear plant caught fire, and defective safety systems prevented..." blah blah, you get my point.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?