Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Denuked, now an MR wondering about options honeypot

Author Topic: Denuked, now an MR wondering about options  (Read 5688 times)

navynukemonkey

Denuked, now an MR wondering about options
« on: Mar 20, 2011, 04:33 »
I used to be a nuke, now I'm a machinery repairman. My EAOS isn't up until 2014, and I'm looking at getting out at that point. What can I do in the mean time to make myself more competitive for a job in the industry? I plan on getting the Excelsior degree and qualifying non-nuc EOOW.  Will the fact i haven't worked in a plant for 4 years be a problem?

JustinHEMI05

Re: Denuked, now an MR wondering about options
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2011, 05:28 »
Probably, in so far as you will be competing with people that haven't been out of the plant for 4 years, but it doesn't disqualify you from trying.

Why were you denuked?

Justin

Offline Frank Cable

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2011, 06:15 »
Why were you denuked?

Ditto. 

Additionally, what type of ship are you on where Machinery Repairmen qualify as EOOW.  I've never heard of this before.

Offline Gamecock

• Gold Member
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2011, 07:43 »
Ditto. 

Additionally, what type of ship are you on where Machinery Repairmen qualify as EOOW.  I've never heard of this before.

On conventional ships, E-5 and above can qualify EOOW  (it is NOT the same as or anywhere close to being equivalent to nuke EOOW).

Cheers,
GC
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2011, 11:12 »
I used to be a nuke, now I'm a machinery repairman. My EAOS isn't up until 2014, and I'm looking at getting out at that point. What can I do in the mean time to make myself more competitive for a job in the industry? I plan on getting the Excelsior degree and qualifying non-nuc EOOW.  Will the fact i haven't worked in a plant for 4 years be a problem?

Disclaimer -> Im not a hiring manager, I am a civilian nuke pup at  the moment, these are merely things that I have seen in my plant. All plants are different, and all hire based on different criteria.

It will also depend on how long you WERE a nuke. are you nuke waste or you had your NEC removed? Thats completely different things.  If you were a nuke for 6 years, and got denuked for being stupid, thats not the same as "being a nuke" and not passing the pipeline. One guy we hired passed power school, but got denuked for under age drinking. He was a machinist in the navy as well.

« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2011, 11:16 by Charlie Murphy »

Offline Frank Cable

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2011, 05:25 »
On conventional ships, E-5 and above can qualify EOOW  (it is NOT the same as or anywhere close to being equivalent to nuke EOOW).

Cheers,
GC

Right.  I've seen BT and MM qualified as EOOW, and I imagine GSM and GSE, but I just never heard of an MR even working in a main space.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?