Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Entry safety tech

Author Topic: Entry safety tech  (Read 5911 times)

etsumandk

Entry safety tech
« on: Mar 26, 2011, 11:18 »
I have been a Jr Hp for a year and I am about to finish up my BS in occupational safety and health.  I was wondering if any of you guys know where a far starting salary range would fall in at.  I have about 5 years exp in the rad field.  I started out as a laborer, moved to Hp and now that my degree is almost finished I am looking at what my pay range will be in the Oak Ridge area.  Thanks in advance for the feed back.  ;D

Sun Dog

Re: Entry safety tech
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2011, 02:39 »
I have been a Jr Hp for a year and I am about to finish up my BS in occupational safety and health.  I was wondering if any of you guys know where a far starting salary range would fall in at.  I have about 5 years exp in the rad field.  I started out as a laborer, moved to Hp and now that my degree is almost finished I am looking at what my pay range will be in the Oak Ridge area.  Thanks in advance for the feed back.  ;D

What would you say if I told you that in Tennessee the average starting rate for an entry level safety tech like you would be about $12/hour?  What if I told you $22/hour?  How about $32/hour?  $42/hour?

Whatever you read here won't be worth squat when it comes to determining what your starting pay or progression may be.  Go find a job.  Whatever they offer is what you are worth (to them).  If you are smart you'll take the first offer you get, that is if you really want to join the exciting world of industrial safety.  Here is some more unsolicited advice.  Look outside of the nukes for your first job.  Learn to read, write, and speak Spanish.  Whatever you learned in the classroom, ditch about 95% of it before you start your first job.  As soon as you are eligible to take the CSP test do so.  It won't make you a better safety geek, but it will open a few doors and may be worth an extra buck or two and hour.
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2011, 02:46 by Sun Dog »

Sun Dog

Re: Entry safety tech
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2011, 03:34 »
OK, here is a big spoonful of reality...you want a job in Tennessee?  Here is one where the employer will consider swapping a Masters from the School of Hard Knocks for a diploma from a "school" in Aruba.  I am sure you can convert the annual salary to an hourly rate.

Seeking a site Safety manager for a 9 month - 1 Year project in Nashville, TN with the possability of full-time employment.   Candidate must have a safety degree or a minimum of 5 years experience as safety manager in the construction industy.  This is a salary position between $65 - $70k salary - No Per-diem.  If you are willing to accept the terms within this posting, please send resumes to careers@XXXXXXXXXX.com

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?