Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Tattoos vs clearance honeypot

Author Topic: Tattoos vs clearance  (Read 9224 times)

Cycoticpenguin

Tattoos vs clearance
« on: Mar 26, 2011, 03:55 »
I did look up some stuff, and yes theres one on this page, but its for security folks. Id rather ask you guys then make a fool of myself in front of my AOMT.

I want to finish my sleeve and get a decent sized one on my other arm.  Is that kosher or will it be frowned upon? do I need to inform people of what Im getting done? Obviously the navy rules apply, cant be anything demeaning or scandalous.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Tattoos vs clearance
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2011, 05:12 »
   Nuclear plant operators/techs/engineers are not in the public eye as is a store clerk or other position that has a public interface. Those with higher aspirations in management may want to think twice, but over the last 30 some years in the commercial/DOE work environments, tattoos are not generally a big problem for rank and file.

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2011, 10:31 »
   Nuclear plant operators/techs/engineers are not in the public eye as is a store clerk or other position that has a public interface. Those with higher aspirations in management may want to think twice, but over the last 30 some years in the commercial/DOE work environments, tattoos are not generally a big problem for rank and file.

Unless you are totally covered, (e.g., the tatooed lady at the circus), it generally doesn't draw much attention or comment.

;D I would suggest you don't go for full facial cover though!  ;D
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2011, 09:14 »
Unless you are totally covered, (e.g., the tattooed lady at the circus), it generally doesn't draw much attention or comment.

;D I would suggest you don't go for full facial cover though!  ;D

Very true, I have seen managers who wear long sleeve shirts all summer but none with a swastika on their forehead.  ;)

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2011, 09:58 »
thank you gentlemen!

MacGyver

« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2011, 11:52 »
Very true, I have seen managers who wear long sleeve shirts all summer but none with a swastika on their forehead.  ;)

Our this

That one is a definite "cover'up'per"!   :P :P :P

Offline sscone

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2011, 05:56 »
I'm pretty heavly tatted and I have no probs. And I've seen them more tatted than me.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2011, 07:18 »
Our this

That one is a definite "cover'up'per"!   :P :P :P

[oops] :stupidme:

Never tattoo the name (face  [devious] ) of a wife, husband, girlfriend, or boyfriend on your body!!! Children are safe.
Face tattoos should only be done by women who get cosmetic tattoos, you probably have seen quite a few and didn't know it.

I'm still shaking my head at that tattoo on his chest.  ::)

"I'm going to get a tattoo of myself all over my body only bigger" ...Steven Wright

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?