Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Denied access, ready to start appeal process
honeypot

Author Topic: Denied access, ready to start appeal process  (Read 9138 times)

scott3367

Denied access, ready to start appeal process
« on: Mar 27, 2011, 11:04 »
even though i worked 4 yrs nuclear, (1979-1984) i was denied access on 3-14-11. Its only been 2 wks but I was hoping to receive letter stating I could appeal. Will the security firm disclose why I was denied
 so we will know where the problem lies and know what to correct.
      Also the nuke plant where I worked in 80's , I know almost everyone there, from the head of security , Supervisor HP's to Engineers and operators. Would it not be beneficial to get letters
 of reference from them to help with my appeal? Thanks!

ski2313

Re: Denied access, ready to start appeal process
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2011, 12:45 »
Why were you denied?

Sun Dog

« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2011, 01:04 »

Why were you denied?

I get the feeling he may not know the 'why' just yet.  

Will the security firm disclose why I was denied so we will know where the problem lies and know what to correct.

However, the title of the thread does indicate the he does know the 'why'.  How else could he be ready to start an appeal?  Knowing why access was denied is a prerequisite to appealing that decision.

We'll just have to wait for the UA SME to chime in and sort this all out.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2011, 01:21 by Sun Dog »

Offline walstib

• Moderate User
  • I hate Monday's
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2011, 01:28 »
You always have the right to appeal.  May or may not get you anywhere but you can always try if you think you're in the right.  I had my badge pulled and denied access for two weeks through their mistake not mine.  Since I knew I was in the right my next step to appeal was going to be a lawyer when the utility rescinded.  You need to find out what the circumstances of your being denied access are in order to determine what to do next.  If the drug test came back positive you have the right to appeal and a hearing, but they usually don't call a positive unless they have clear cut evidence in a sample, and you wont beat that one.  Good luck  +K
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail -Emerson
If you are going through hell, keep going
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - H S Thompson

scott3367

« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2011, 06:12 »
Sorry for the confusion. I do not know the reason for the denial but my supervisor said I will get a letter with an option to appeal. I passed
 all the rad, safety, fme etc. test , also passed the drug screen. 
   It may be something on my background or something I forgot to disclose. Thanks

Graphic

« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2011, 08:05 »
The letter you receive in the mail will tell you why you were denied and for how long. The letter will also tell you how to go about the appeals process.

I mean if you had a DUI or some other charge 10 years ago and didn't list it then yes 99% of the time you will be denied for failure to list or disclose. It's a tough one to appeal if that is the reason because you should be able to remember if you were charged or arrested for something. I guess you could qualify it under is this person "trustworthy and reliable". Could be an honest mistake but it isn't something that would get you denied permanantly. Most will give you a 1 year denial up to 3 I've seen sometimes. It's just according to all the mitigating factors.

Kind of hard to help with the lack of detail so far.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2011, 11:47 by Graphic »

Graphic

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 09:01 »
The appeal is from the same place that denied you how do you think that is going to work out for you? Hope you are one of the rare cases that gets resolution in your favor.

Your appeal letter might be from the same place (utility) but it sure isn't reviewed and decided by the same person.

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 09:38 »
  The appeal is from the same place that denied you how do you think that is going to work out for you? Hope you are one of the rare cases that gets resolution in your favor. 

:->  Since you just registered this morning you might want to think about replies to recient posts rather than those from several years ago!

[RTFM]
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?