Career Path > Navy Nuke

Silly Question: Shooting

<< < (3/8) > >>

navynukedoc:

--- Quote from: drayer54 on Apr 05, 2011, 12:41 ---I hope for your sake that you don't end up in San Diego then. Buying ammo here now requires the same tracking system as guns. And the roads suck, but that's irrelevant.
--- End quote ---

Yuma is a few hours away. And all you need to buy ammo is a state issued ID proving you are 18 or older.

GNowakowski:

--- Quote from: wingnut on Apr 05, 2011, 01:30 ---This may be blasphemy but if you really like to shoot the answer is obvious--USMC +K

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Charlie Murphy on Apr 05, 2011, 01:56 ---lmao I was just thinking that lol

--- End quote ---
‘Where your talents and the needs of the world cross, there lies your vocation.’

— Aristotle

‘This is a gift that I have, simple, simple; a foolish extravagant spirit full of forms, figures, shapes, objects, ideas, apprehensions, motions, revolutions; these are begot in the ventricle of memory, nourished in the womb of pia mater, and delivered upon the mellowing of occasion.’

— William Shakespeare

non nobis solum nati sumus ortusque nostri partem patria vindicat
-Cicero
(We are not born of ourselves alone, our country {or people} have a share in us)

Utilizing only a portion of our talents; and only a partition of our potential passes unattainable torrents to those without these gifts.  I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if I chose such an easy way out.  
After becoming a riflemen then what?  My service to the world ends after I prove to it that I can shoot?

If their was a choice which required more of me then Nuke; and had the potential for more important endeavors during, and especially after; I'd be chasing it instead.  My heart desires shooting - the world had no intention of dedicating me to it.

Hopefully you catch how I feel so there can be no more silly questions on the subject,
(I'm sure at some point some of you felt similarly)

-Glen

JustinHEMI05:
Then your heart will be broken, silly boy.

Thanks for your future service.

Cycoticpenguin:

--- Quote from: JustinHEMI on Apr 05, 2011, 04:09 ---Then your heart will be broken, silly boy.

Thanks for your future service.

--- End quote ---

aww justin, dont crush his spirit yet ;) Hes still gotta qualify! :D

IPREGEN:
Way back when I was on the Bainbridge, CGN-25, we were part of the "engine room defense team" so with the pleasure of that assignment we occasionally were handed M-14's. We used those to shoot the ocean from the fantail. Big bullet, nice sound. We also had the chance to shoot skeet from the fantail with 12 gauge shotguns provided by the rec committee. It was something like 50 cents a shot. Judging by earlier posts it looks like guns aren't for sailors anymore

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version