Career Path > Navy Nuke

Silly Question: Shooting

<< < (7/8) > >>

drayer54:

--- Quote from: GNowakowski on Jul 08, 2011, 02:57 ---It sounds as though you can join the marksmanship team if you have enough motivation to get past soft no's. 
Does that sound about right?  (Also sounds like something you do only after you're qual'd and useful when in the fleet)

--- End quote ---
Don't you have a real qual to be working on, shipmate?  8)

(yes)

Fermi2:
The day we were supposed to qualify Fire Arms at Bootcamp the only gun was broken so they made us run about 2 miles and said we were qualified Fire Arms.

HydroDave63:

--- Quote from: Broadzilla on Jul 08, 2011, 05:05 ---The day we were supposed to qualify Fire Arms at Bootcamp the only gun was broken so they made us run about 2 miles and said we were qualified Fire Arms.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like an Integrity violation! You're dink !!   ;)

Starkist:

--- Quote from: Drayer on Jul 08, 2011, 03:22 ---Don't you have a real qual to be working on, shipmate?  8)

(yes)

--- End quote ---

Hes not even in the navy yet :p

DDMurray:

--- Quote from: GNowakowski on Jul 08, 2011, 02:57 ---Ooooooooh... I want one of those shops...

Thanks for the information from all of you :)  --  I have every intention of doing what it takes to shoot while I'm in.  Great website source as well - thanks for that.

It sounds as though you can join the marksmanship team if you have enough motivation to get past soft no's. 
Does that sound about right?  (Also sounds like something you do only after you're qual'd and useful when in the fleet)

--- End quote ---
I know of two nukes who were on the marksmanship team (not at the same time).  Both were on shore duty.  One worked in my division and some people did not take kindly for having to teach for him so he could shoot.  Others supported it.  Don't know of many guys who didn't already have an affinity for guns that had the time, skill, or desire to reach the level of marksmanship required to be competitive.  If it's something you enjoy and you can do it along with everything else that occupies your time, then go for it......after you get qualified!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version