Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NUPOC WAVIERS, HELP!! honeypot

Author Topic: NUPOC WAVIERS, HELP!!  (Read 3708 times)

Offline withrespecttotime

• Very Lite User
NUPOC WAVIERS, HELP!!
« on: Apr 02, 2011, 02:46 »
I am currently on DEP. This May I will have 46 credits with a 3.80 GPA. Right now i'm at a community college but i'm hoping to get an acceptance letter in the mail from a university quite soon.  I want to apply for NUPOC.

My major at a university will be ChemE. This May I will have completed: Gen.Chem. I&II, Org. Chem. I Calc. I&II, & Phys w/Calc. I&II,  So i'm right on the edge of being 30 months from a BS.

I spoke to my recruiter about the possibility of applying to NUPOC after I hear back from a university(and getting a degree timeline). He told me it would not be possible because I have too many waviers.

I am 19 years old.  The waviers I have are: Misdemeanor Posession of Marijuana(Age 13), Experimental use of Marijuana(4 times, Age 13), Traffic ticket for a wide left turn on a bicycle(Age 16), Broken arm(Age 4), And I entered DEP as a GED grad with 15 college credits.

Is my recruiter misinformed or are the above waviers truely un-wavierable for NUPOC? And is it even possible to apply for NUPOC while on DEP?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline GNowakowski

• Light User
  • Northwestern MT
Re: NUPOC WAVIERS, HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2011, 03:25 »

Document: COMNAVCRUITCOMINST 1130.8H
 http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/Publications/Directives/1130_8H_VOL%20IV_Programs%20%26%20Classification-with%20CH%206.pdf

This could have been found in the next most recent thread on this forum.  I would recommend utilizing the search feature on the
site - you'll find most users here don't take kindly to regurgitating information easily accessible to you.

Looks to me (from the list above) that the 4 usages is too much for an officer.

Best of luck to you friend.

-Glen
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2011, 03:31 by GNowakowski »

Offline withrespecttotime

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2011, 04:49 »
It says Commanding Officer(1-3X). Are Staff Officers considered Commanding Officers? I was planning on applying for NRE.

Offline NukeNTO

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2011, 04:59 »
I personally don't recall ever seing more than 2x get approved.  Beyond that they don't consider it to be "experimental" use anymore.  The fact that you were very young could help though, but I wouldn't count on it. 

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2011, 06:18 »
1. I am currently on DEP. This May I will have 46 credits with a 3.80 GPA. Right now i'm at a community college but i'm hoping to get an acceptance letter in the mail from a university quite soon.  I want to apply for NUPOC.

My major at a university will be ChemE. This May I will have completed: Gen.Chem. I&II, Org. Chem. I Calc. I&II, & Phys w/Calc. I&II,  So i'm right on the edge of being 30 months from a BS.

I spoke to my recruiter about the possibility of applying to NUPOC after I hear back from a university(and getting a degree timeline). 2. He told me it would not be possible because I have too many waviers.
I am 19 years old.  The waviers I have are: Misdemeanor Posession of Marijuana(Age 13), Experimental use of Marijuana(4 times, Age 13), Traffic ticket for a wide left turn on a bicycle(Age 16), Broken arm(Age 4), And I entered DEP as a GED grad with 15 college credits.

Is my recruiter misinformed or are the above waviers truely un-wavierable for NUPOC? And is it even possible to apply for NUPOC while on DEP?

Any help would be much appreciated.

1. You are in DEP, i.e. you signed papers and raised your right hand once, correct? At that point, you lost any negotiating leverage, throwing yourself upon the tender mercies of your recruiter, district and NAVSEA08.

2. Your recruiter's success is determined by how many live bodies he or she sends to Basic that can pass a urinalysis and background check and will fit in one of those goofy blue camo outfits. Officers have a different recruiting process.

3. With that Chem background, you might be able to get ELT. Congrats! Be sure to ask for "MM" at your rating classification interview in boot camp.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?