Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Oh hi.

Author Topic: Oh hi.  (Read 17920 times)

Swhatever

Oh hi.
« on: Apr 05, 2011, 01:18 »
It would've been better to say nothing, so I'll just fix that now.
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2011, 03:24 by Swhatever »

Cycoticpenguin

Re: Oh hai.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2011, 01:21 »
Go away until you learn how to act like an adult.

Offline Styrofoam

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2011, 01:26 »
 :notrolls: :notrolls: :notrolls: :notrolls: :notrolls: :notrolls: :notrolls: :notrolls: :notrolls: :notrolls:

The troll here is you, Swhatever, just in case you were wondering.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2011, 01:27 »
Cram it or get a sense of humor.

noted.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2011, 01:35 »
Right then, sorry sirs and/or ma'ams and/or chiefs. I thought I was safe to secure myself from perfect military bearing on the internet. Personnel has been trained.

I respectfully request information on the following: I'm on Zoloft for post-partum depression. Will my career be adversely affected as far as anyone knows, please?

Im not your shipmate clown. Since you are able to ask a question, yes. Getting prescribed and taking anti-depressants and diagnosed mental condition will affect your clearance as well as remove your NEC, if only temporary. Short answer, yes. If you somehow get a waiver through (dont count on it), you will start back where you left off.

edit: its not about "military bearing" here. It's the fact you are speaking to adults and professionals, and more importantly you came here seeking advice and answers to questions from said persons. If you do not wish to have some modicum of respect, dont bother posting again.
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2011, 01:37 by Charlie Murphy »

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2011, 01:44 »
Thanks for your help. Sorry my first impression was an attempt at laughing off my difficult situation and it turned out badly. Joking aside, I seriously didn't mean to make the regulars here upset. Shrug me off, I'm harmless.

I can relate to your situation better then you know. Now is the time to get your ducks in a row and get your life sorted. Having humor about your situation is fine and dandy, but this site is more then just a /b vent space (judging from your speech, you should understand that). However, you need to understand most people here are professionals and have no desire to talk to children. A good phrase to remember "dont s@#t where you eat".  People here can help you out more then you realize, through direct or indirect experience.

SO, in short, use somewhat proper grammar, speak intelligently, act like a grownup. You have a child, dont be one. "Oh hai guiz!" is not an appropriate first impression. Good humor is welcome, just be prudent and have a little tact.

MacGyver

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2011, 01:49 »
Hi. I'm an MM2, how's it going? I did a deployment and then got myself knocked up thinking I was impervious to the hose monster while on birth control. (I missed the memo on antibiotics. Way to go, me.) Anyways, I just got diagnosed with post partum anxiety/depression (I swear I do not want to kill myself! I'm just really really scared of climbing stairs while holding my daughter!) and my doctor gave me Zoloft. Zoloft! To a Nuke! Ha! Which I told her, and asked her if therapy would be good instead, and she replied "You should be fine. People go about their daily routines on Zoloft all the time. What's a 'nuke'?" At sewell's point, no less. I know, right? ROFLMAO.

But seriously.

Did she just f*** up my life seriously? I'm due back to the ship in July.

Cram it or get a sense of humor.

Right then, sorry sirs and/or ma'ams and/or chiefs. I thought I was safe to secure myself from perfect military bearing on the internet. Personnel has been trained.

I respectfully request information on the following: I'm on Zoloft for post-partum depression. Will my career be adversely affected as far as anyone knows, please?

Thanks for your help. Sorry my first impression was an attempt at laughing off my difficult situation and it turned out badly. Joking aside, I seriously didn't mean to make the regulars here upset. Shrug me off, I'm harmless.

« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2011, 11:14 by Nuclear NASCAR »

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2011, 01:54 »
I respect that I could use this to network but I really don't plan on being a civ nuke. I don't care enough. I don't want to take a dump on my commitment, though. I'm not a sad panda on purpose. I would guess I'm waiverable, though. PPD's pretty common.

Right... PPD isnt common. Theres a reason you get denuked for taking anti depressants. Theres a reason your security clearances are based on mental condition.

And good job on automatically closing doors. Good luck with that.

No one cares if you're a sad panda not on purpose. That you NEED to trust me on.
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2011, 02:01 by Charlie Murphy »

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2011, 01:57 »
Hi. I'm an MM2, how's it going? I did a deployment and then got myself knocked up thinking I was impervious to the hose monster while on birth control. (I missed the memo on antibiotics. Way to go, me.) Anyways, I just got diagnosed with post partum anxiety/depression (I swear I do not want to kill myself! I'm just really really scared of climbing stairs while holding my daughter!) and my doctor gave me Zoloft. Zoloft! To a Nuke! Ha! Which I told her, and asked her if therapy would be good instead, and she replied "You should be fine. People go about their daily routines on Zoloft all the time. What's a 'nuke'?" At sewell's point, no less. I know, right? ROFLMAO.

But seriously.

Did she just f*** up my life seriously? I'm due back to the ship in July.

Somebody musta been real drunk for you to have become pregnant.... :o

Just sayin... :-\
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2011, 11:13 by Nuclear NASCAR »
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

MacGyver

« Reply #9 on: Apr 05, 2011, 01:58 »
I respect that I could use this to network but I really don't plan on being a civ nuke. I don't care enough. I don't want to take a dump on my commitment, though. I'm not a sad panda on purpose. I would guess I'm waiverable, though. PPD's pretty common.

And, you wonder how we MEN who served out our FULL commitment would respond.  Let me spell this out for you ... "This is why women are a terrible idea for military service."

What you want is now irrelevant.  What the nav wants to do with you regardless of your feelings is the just outcome.
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2011, 01:59 by MacGyver »

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #10 on: Apr 05, 2011, 02:00 »
Somebody musta been real drunk for you to have become pregnant.... :o

Just sayin... :-\
You apparently havent been on a deployment on a carrier then ;)

Offline Styrofoam

• Moderate User
« Reply #11 on: Apr 05, 2011, 02:05 »
And, you wonder how we MEN who served out our FULL commitment would respond.  Let me spell this out for you ... "This is why women are a terrible idea for military service."

Seriously? Just because one female does something stupid? I wonder how many guys have done the same thing and haven't had the evidence become visible on their person. I'm certainly not defending what she did. I'm just saying you're making a seriously over-generalizing statement.

You're probably from the school that says all females are harlots because one flirts with you.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #12 on: Apr 05, 2011, 02:07 »
Seriously? Just because one female does something stupid? I wonder how many guys have done the same thing and haven't had the evidence become visible on their person. I'm certainly not defending what she did. I'm just saying you're making a seriously over-generalizing statement.

You're probably from the school that says all females are harlots because one flirts with you.

Everyone experiences a different navy. His are not your own. You also really need to be in the navy first before you go off on these tangents again tadpole. I agree with you, but you need to relax your soap box a little.

Offline Styrofoam

• Moderate User
« Reply #13 on: Apr 05, 2011, 02:08 »
Everyone experiences a different navy. His are not your own. You also really need to be in the navy first before you go off on these tangents again tadpole. I agree with you, but you need to relax your soap box a little.

*sigh* You're right, but I'll be back. :P

MacGyver

« Reply #14 on: Apr 05, 2011, 02:11 »

Simmer down please.

My complaint is with Navy Female Nukes getting preg' and getting discharged.  What a waste of time and resources.  When men are in short supply use women.  But, I know what you do not.  When I served, a long long time ago, if you walked by sick call on a surface ship (I was a sub guy) it was filled with women.  When they actually came to the boat to do intermediate repairs they came down and tried to "flirt" the sub guys into doing her work.

So, you can be sure I have an opinion on women in the nuclear navy.

If you want to stand out as a top performer you will.  It doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman.  But, I have seen this story before.  I hope you do better than the shipwreck op.  If it was me both her and the sea'dad would be up for Captains Mast.

Mac

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #15 on: Apr 05, 2011, 02:13 »
Simmer down please.

My complaint is with Navy Female Nukes getting preg' and getting discharged.  What a waste of time and resources.  When men are in short supply use women.  But, I know what you do not.  When I served, a long long time ago, if you walked by sick call on a surface ship (I was a sub guy) it was filled with women.  When they actually came to the boat to do intermediate repairs they came down and tried to "flirt" the sub guys into doing her work.

So, you can be sure I have an opinion on women in the nuclear navy.

If you want to stand out as a top performer you will.  It doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman.  But, I have seen this story before.  I hope you do better than the shipwreck op.  If it was me both her and the sea'dad would be up for Captains Mast.

Mac

Case in point styrofoam ;)

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #16 on: Apr 05, 2011, 02:48 »
The real tragedy is that there a child involved here.  :'(
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2011, 02:50 by JustinHEMI »

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
« Reply #17 on: Apr 05, 2011, 03:11 »
My complaint is with Navy Female Nukes getting preg' and getting discharged.  What a waste of time and resources.  When men are in short supply use women.

Agreed, and it isn't only Nukes.

When I served, a long long time ago, if you walked by sick call on a surface ship (I was a sub guy) it was filled with women.

How long is a long time ago? I got out in 99 and my birdfarm was all male except for 2 females attached to the airwing, and they actually looked and acted like the men.

But, I have seen this story before.  I hope you do better than the shipwreck op.  If it was me both her and the sea'dad would be up for Captains Mast.

Agreed 100%!!!!! Both parties should be held responsible. Her for reducing a mission critical billet and him for being an idiot who caused it.
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #18 on: Apr 05, 2011, 03:14 »
OP: Talk to ship's medical, see if they can give you something that will allow you to stay a nuke after your 18 months off the ship, if that's what you want.

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #19 on: Apr 05, 2011, 03:14 »
Agreed 100%!!!!! Both parties should be held responsible. Her for reducing a mission critical billet and him for being an idiot who caused it.

He caused it?
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
« Reply #20 on: Apr 05, 2011, 03:40 »
He caused it?

Yup. He should have wrapped. I am a corpsman, it is his fault. One day I will tell you my STD story from one of my MS third classes.

Her father is a civilian.

State the facts, we are all military or ex military, you are at the mercy of our backgrounds here.

Secondly, I never labled you a dirtbag. Want to salvage your career? I will give you one piece of advice I gave every pregnant woman to ever walk into my sick call, (off the ship of course) Don't take the meds, it is a quick fix that never works. Eat right, stay away from fast food and greasy sh*t. Sweets should be natural, honey versus processed sugar and fruits. Lots of veggies. (Good for the baby to if you breast feed.) Exercise daily for a good hour, cardio exercise, endorphins you are lacking are causing the depressed state. You can build them back up.

And sign over custody to the father. That way when you are deployed again, the ship can move and not have to deal with you buttoning up who is going to watch your child while you are out to sea. (Which if you have another child as I gathered, you are already familliar with this process.)

Suck it up, you are the one in this situation and we are giving you advice. Take it or leave it.
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

JustinHEMI05

Re: Oh hi.
« Reply #21 on: Apr 05, 2011, 03:53 »
Too bad all the good advice fell on deaf ears.

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #22 on: Apr 05, 2011, 03:58 »
It would've been better to say nothing, so I'll just fix that now.

Don't do that. you are eliminating the cause of an entire conversation. Stand by your posts.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #23 on: Apr 05, 2011, 03:59 »
MacGyver preserved the original post.

andrewnavy

« Reply #24 on: Apr 05, 2011, 04:01 »
It is going to be great when this becomes a Fast Attack problem.  What already at minimum manning? Oh, I am pregnant I will see you in a couple of years boat.  I weep for the future.  :'(  Oh before anyone gets their feelings hurt about women on subs, just remember it only takes one person to make a whole division go port and starboard.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #25 on: Apr 05, 2011, 04:04 »
It is going to be great when this becomes a Fast Attack problem.  What already at minimum manning? Oh, I am pregnant I will see you in a couple of years boat.  I weep for the future.  :'(  Oh before anyone gets their feelings hurt about women on subs, just remember it only takes one person to make a whole division go port and starboard.

That is jumping to conclusions. Woman have to first be allowed to serve on subs, more than just some o-gangers on boomers, before we start imagining problems, IMO.

andrewnavy

« Reply #26 on: Apr 05, 2011, 04:17 »
It is only a matter of time.  My current military paperwork office that takse care of about 400 people is comprised of almost 3/4 of pregnant sailors that got off their billeted ships.  When they dont know whats up with the paperwork, they just explain that they are not Yeoman or Personnelman so they shouldnt be held accountable.  Just saying, it doesn' seem like a leap to me but I could be wrong (BUT I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT :P)

usetonuke

« Reply #27 on: Apr 05, 2011, 04:26 »
Amen to that, brother

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #28 on: Apr 05, 2011, 08:49 »
2 hours & 6 minutes from asking for help to outta here.  That's gotta be a new record.   :->

For those who MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN, I'd like to post a little reminder from good old Forum Rule #4. Please learn to be respectful, tolerate and support each other.  NukeWorker.com's goal is to help others, not see how many people we can annoy. Do not initiate arguments or tension. This will only cause the triggering of other members and make this site less professional.

I'm locking this thread because I have my doubts that it will get any better.  If anyone feels that they actually have something that will be helpful to the original poster please start a new thread with that help. 

To the original poster, please sign back up with a new user name and send me a PM.  I apologize for the beatdown.  There are those who will justify it with "It's a cruel world.  The sooner she learns that the better." or words to that affect.  Perhaps a little less anger projecting and a little more empathy exists with other members.  If so I hope that they will post some helpful info for you and your situation.  If anyone sends me info via PM I'll forward that to you if you contact me back.

Please accept my apologies.  I'm ashamed for the way you were treated.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #29 on: Apr 06, 2011, 04:37 »
I can not put into words how disappointed I am in the nukeworkers that attacked the OP.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?