Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Tom Knickerbocker honeypot

Author Topic: Tom Knickerbocker  (Read 12092 times)

edwardthekid

Tom Knickerbocker
« on: Apr 05, 2011, 06:31 »
To all friends of Tom Knickerbocker

A sad moment in time. Dear friend and colleague Tom Knickerbocker has past away.

Proud and Honored to be able to call Tom my Friend.

Ed Turney

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
  • PAYING THE COST TO BE THE BOSS!!!!!
Re: Tom Knickerbocker
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2011, 03:53 »
I worked with Tom at Calvert Cliffs sorry to hear this news. He was a great guy and a class act. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family. Rest in peace Tom
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2011, 08:54 »
I enjoyed working with Tom in the 80s. One of his favorite expressions was "there is no retirement from nuclear power". Unfortunately, I guess he proved his point. RIP and may God be with you.

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2011, 11:30 »
Now that is a name from the past!  I remember him as a great guy.

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2011, 03:51 »
Im so sorry to hear this :( He was a great guy and great to work with also. Worked with him last at Calvert Cliffs. He was so proud of his family. What a loss. RIP Tom.

Kath
It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2011, 07:54 »
One of the "Pickering Six" American "Green Men".
His NukeWorker Handle, 1E4, was the selection you entered to get a Cappucino from the coffee vending machine.  He coined it as the code for taking a coffee break.
RIP Tom.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline KEVIO

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2011, 12:43 »
Worked with Tom at Perry, had some good times and good laughs. My condolences to his family.

Offline thirstymick

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2011, 05:47 »
My thoughts and prayers are with your family Tom.  I wish I had the chance to tell you how much I learned from you especially nuke history.  Thanks Tom for your help and support when I was getting into Hp on my first project.  Rip always.

Shen

Offline Duke

• Very Lite User
« Reply #8 on: Apr 10, 2011, 05:24 »
I had worked with Tom on numerous projects in the past years and will miss him much. I had met his wife and then new daughter 10 years ago and feel deeply for their loss. Tom was our unofficial moral officer at our last assignment together, Tom, I'll have a "meatlovers" in your memory, RIP my friend.

Duane

Offline Showme T. Money

• Light User
  • Senior HP Tech
« Reply #9 on: Apr 10, 2011, 08:44 »
I'll never forget Tom's passion for COFFEE.  He was definitely dedicated to the coffee break cause, when we were at Yankee Rowe.

Bill and Brandi Scarberry

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #10 on: Apr 10, 2011, 09:13 »
I'll never forget Tom's passion for COFFEE.  He was definitely dedicated to the coffee break cause, when we were at Yankee Rowe.

Bill and Brandi Scarberry

Amen to that!!!!

More passionate than WB or myself for that matter, and that's saying something!!

I'm saddened to know you're gone Tom.

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

nukewood

« Reply #11 on: Apr 11, 2011, 10:17 »
Tom, I hope you were able to spend some time at the land you bought in Vermont .

Offline BeDaBullet

• Light User
  • 'GENERAL DELIVERY'
« Reply #12 on: Apr 11, 2011, 11:24 »
I was very surprised and saddened when learning that Tom had passed away.
Enjoyed knowing Tom while working Hunters Point last year.  Tom's humor will be missed.  He gave a new meaning to the term  "BBQ".....we always enjoyed BBQ Thursday and for that matter...any other day of the week that he could get someone to drive down to Perkins BBQ in San Francisco.  Tom was a fine man and my heart and prayers go out to his family for their loss and to his many friends.  Tom will be missed.

Bob
“California is a fine place to live — if you happen to be an orange.”

Offline spikeree

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #13 on: Sep 09, 2011, 10:14 »
I just found out about dear Tom,

We have worked a few projects together, Shared some view points and some laughs, he will be truly missed! My condolences to his family and friends.  
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2012, 03:22 by spikeree »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?