Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu with my Fisher valve experience......

Author Topic: with my Fisher valve experience......  (Read 4637 times)

rotary_guru72

with my Fisher valve experience......
« on: Apr 11, 2011, 10:02 »
wondering about  vavle tech jobs and getting into the field. worked for fishers building valves for 7 years and welding them for 2yrs prior. just curious about teching in the field. Any advice is appreciated.
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2011, 07:50 by rotary_guru72 »

Cycoticpenguin

Re: with my valve experience......
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2011, 10:07 »
Well, more information please. Nuclear grade valves and systems, Nuclear welding? Much different ball game then WOG valves and carbon steel welding obviously.

Sun Dog

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2011, 10:17 »
wondering about  vavle tech jobs and getting into the field. worked for fishers building valves for 7 years and welding them for 2yrs prior. just curious about teching in the field. Any advice is appreciated.

There are plenty of opportunties for experieced valve techs who are willing to travel.

Here are three that you can check out

Ames                 www.yourpriority.com/fieldservices.html

Crane                 www.cranenuclear.com

Atlantic Group     www.atlanticgroup.com

rotary_guru72

« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2011, 10:37 »
well I've built out of marshalltown, built everything from pair of 48" A11's for bthe space shuttle program to 52" A11 class150 to 36" class 900, 12"-24"V260's ,built a lot of the 24"250's from Canada to Louisiana,  last 2yrs built nuclear and white room assemblies. Was in on the first PSV's and suh for the AP's. very familiar with Valvelink and various stupid positioners. Worked with fisher actuators as well as Bettis,Elomatic,and limitorque.As far as welding i welded a lot of CVX units and most are F91. Was certified through fisher welding WCC to F91 and everything in between. Was qualified PED and yes i have welded nuclear parts to .
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2011, 08:12 by rotary_guru72 »

Sun Dog

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2011, 05:55 »
Williams Industrial Services Group is another employer that routinely hires valve techs:  http://www.wisgrp.com/

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?