Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Forum conducts Soviet style purge of all dissent  

Author Topic: Forum conducts Soviet style purge of all dissent  (Read 9433 times)

plutone

Forum conducts Soviet style purge of all dissent
« on: Apr 18, 2011, 07:12 »
Well so much for intellectual honesty, free speech and actual discussion of issues.

What was the breaking point - when I pointed out that the link offered to defend the Price-Anderson Act actually confirmed that it is a $3 billion/year subsidy?

The surest sign that your position is on very shaky ground: when you won't listen or debate with those holding different views.

Can you smell the fear?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Forum conducts Soviet style purge of all dissent
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2011, 07:24 »
All of your posts are still on the forum. Off topic posts including my own I moved to a new thread to comply with forum rules and the directions of the Webmaster.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,27318.msg143188/topicseen.html#new

Marlin Helms
Forum Moderator
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2011, 07:33 by Marlin »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2011, 07:34 »
By the way you are still a psuedo intellectual troll your post here is just more proof of that.
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2011, 07:35 by Marlin »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2011, 07:51 »
Well so much for intellectual honesty, free speech and actual discussion of issues.

What was the breaking point - when I pointed out that the link offered to defend the Price-Anderson Act actually confirmed that it is a $3 billion/year subsidy?

The surest sign that your position is on very shaky ground: when you won't listen or debate with those holding different views.

Can you smell the fear?

If you can follow the forum rules, you can stay.  If you can not follow the rules, then I invite you to go elsewhere.  I instructed the moderators to split the off topic posts into their own thread.  Try to keep up.

Just for the record, there are only three things that piss me off.  1. People that claim we are censoring them. 2. People that post off topic, and 3. People that hack our website. -- Your batting average isn't very good right now.

Please read the rules NOW, before you post anything else.

Forum Rules: http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,4700.0.html

If you have any questions about them, I encourage you to contact me directly.

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2011, 08:00 »
Plutone,

Please realize this web site is also a business. The forum is just part of it, but if the forum posts hamper the business end...well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
No one gets out alive.

ski2313

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2011, 08:41 »
First of all, this is a BUSINESS. You are free to sit out on your porch and say anything you want (ie free speech). You can also start your OWN website and say anything you want. However, if you visit "private property" (this site) the owner(s) make the rules. Can't play by them? Take a hike!

drayer54

« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2011, 09:07 »

Just for the record, there are only three things that piss me off.  1. People that claim we are censoring them. 2. People that post off topic, and 3. People that hack our website. -- Your batting average isn't very good right now.

I've got to figure that Soviet accusations would be #4. Just sayin'  [coffee]

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2011, 11:22 »
Name calling is still exceeding serious answers 10 to 1.

Ever heard the saying "You attract more bees with honey than vinegar?" 

3) Do similar reactors in US have backup power to their SFPs? (I get conflicting opinions on this).

I would have to believe that the spent fuel pools are supplied by the safety-related busses.  Can someone verify this for me?
That would be the busses that were being supplied by the diesel generators at Fukushima until the tsunami hit and knocked them offline. 
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?