Facility & Company Information > Callaway

Callaway ILT class up times

<< < (2/2)

chrisk500:

--- Quote from: Broadzilla on Apr 29, 2011, 06:41 ---Ok you've proven you can sweep and paint an engine room. What makes you think you're qualified to be an SRO on a real reactor?

--- End quote ---

Well, I didn't really think I was expressing much entitlement.  It is my understanding that lots of ex navy nukes with the experience I have get hired on as instant SRO's. If this was not the case then I would not be pursuing this avenue. 

When I initially posted this there were no openings yet on the Ameren website.  So thank you for that advice Bradley and also I had not thought to look up the licensing exam on the NRC website so thank you very much for that gamma_ray. 

E41713:
If you are still interested, Callaway will be posting or SRO positions very soon.  We are planning on hiring to start a class in November/December of 2012 to take the March 2013 GFES.  We have a 6 month pre-ILT course so all direct SRO's will be in house by June of 2012. 

When you look at the Ameren job postings look for "Operating Supervisor" in Fulton, MO.  Read the posting to make sure it is for the Operations Department to obtain an NRC license.  It's tricky because all the Operations Trainers are Operating Supervisors too.

DTH

chrisk500:
I am still very interested but unfortunately June may be a little too far out for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version