Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Louie Lyons
honeypot

Author Topic: Louie Lyons  (Read 15714 times)

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
Louie Lyons
« on: Apr 30, 2011, 01:16 »
We were notified that Louie left work at Perry at 5:00 AM, Friday morning, 4/29/11.
He apparently had a heart attack while driving away from the contractors parking lot and he was discovered later in the morning by security personnel.
Louis Alvin Lyons was 66 years of age and was from New York. I am told he lived somewhere close to Ginna.
He was working undervessel for DZ Atlantic during the outage here.

We will put out more information when it becomes available. The coroner is performing the autopsy this evening or tomorrow morning.

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
  • Playing in the bathtub!!!
Re: Louie Lyons
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2011, 02:23 »
Heard this news today with disbelief.  Louie was always a good friend to see at an outage, always with a smile.  He will be sorely missed by Debbie and I.  Our prayers go with his family.
 :'( :( :'(
Brave, brave Sir Robin, set forth from Camelot!!!!

Offline radwench

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2011, 06:47 »
Louie Lyons was a great friend and good boss, a teacher and a gentleman.
I will never find a friend like him again and the RP business has lost a coworker the likes of which is hard to find.
Quick to laugh. Always ready to lend a hand. I will miss his humor, his help, and his wonderful meatloaf, as i join with everyone to remember him.  My heart breaks at the loss of this kind man.

marjy

thank you Dave (Blondie) for starting the post
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2011, 06:57 by radwench »

Offline rawtech

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2011, 07:17 »
Lou was one, if not THE best all around good person, and tech I have had the pleasure of knowing in this life. I have learned much from him, and will miss him for many years to come. Lou had one other thing about him that very few people can equal. I can't honestly say I ever met someone who had a bad word to say about him. Missing you terribly bro! You are/were one of the greats!!!!       
           Ron Wichryk

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2011, 09:30 »
Lou and I were house techs at Ginna together for nine years.  He taught me what I know about covering refuel, primary chemistry, and lots of other things.
We always worked the night shift together every outage, smoking cigars in the HP office and eating canned sardines, smoked oysters and kippers.
He was hilarious.

Louis was from Idaho Falls, Idaho.  He took care of his brother, who was mentally retarded, after the death of his father.  There was no doubt that he was a good son and brother and that he loved his brother very much.

He was also a good body and fender man.  Had his own shop for a long time.

Louis Lyons was one of those memorable characters that make a career such a rich life experience.  I'll miss him.

May God take him and keep him in eternal peace.

So long, Louie.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Jr8black3

« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2011, 10:32 »
Didn't know the guy, but yet another fallen RP, I hope there are folks there for his family,,what a sad story..

GinnaBob1950

« Reply #6 on: Apr 30, 2011, 10:42 »
Lou and I worked together for many years at Ginna RP. He was a great co-worker. Lou was a "get the job done" kind of guy . The Nuclear family has lost a good friend.  Rest in Peace, old friend.           BobK

nukewanderer

« Reply #7 on: Apr 30, 2011, 11:16 »
The news of Lou's passing hits like a ton of bricks. He was one of my greatest friends that I met at Ginna. He touched everyone he came in contact with and was an asset to all. I'll never forget my days covering jobs with him. You never knew what events would occur when Louie was on the job, but it always caused you to do your best. Rad. Protection won't ever be the same with out him. Rest in peace brother.
B.L. Brownsberger

tera_rogue

« Reply #8 on: Apr 30, 2011, 08:43 »
Such a sad day, I do not think I ever saw Louie without a smile on his face. One of the nicest, most respectful guys I have ever met. Rest In Peace Louie

Offline charlotte

• Lurker
« Reply #9 on: Apr 30, 2011, 09:28 »
I met louie 4/11/2011 And in that short time enjoyed working with Him and looked forward to seeing him at the start of each shift. I always looked forward to working with him. I wish I got to know him sooner. for those that did im sure your loss will be great I know I will miss him and Im sorry I didn't get to meet him sooner. His last night he relived dayshift under vessel at perry I dont think he would have wanted it any other way. Thanks for the new inspiration you gave to me Louie.
                                                          Forrest Lohner

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
  • PAYING THE COST TO BE THE BOSS!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 02:12 »
Sorry to hear of Louie's passing I worked with him in the 90's at Ginna, he was fun to be around. May he rest in peace, another class act gone :(
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 02:15 by rocknrollrick »
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

Offline camalarm

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 02:34 »
God Bless and keep you Louis. a finer gentleman would be hard to find. His meatloaf was legendary, his company was enjoyable and his knowledge and love for the business was vast. He was a blessing to everyone who's life he touched.  Donna Nugent

garycom

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 07:28 »
I loved working with Louie at Ginna. We had a lot of great laughs together. He sure did make a wonderful meatloaf, and he was down to earth and easy to get along with. Can't believe he's gone.

HOEHANDLE

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 08:40 »
Its a sad day or any day when you here a friend or co-workers passes. Louie was always a true gentleman, either at work or not. I meet him a while back. Worked with him a few outages and i can honestly say he was the real deal, co -worker, friend, and one of the "Best Dam Tech" that ever come thru at any power house. But saying that, he was a better man .
My condolences to the Lyons family

Louie will be sadly missed but never forgotten.           

Peace

tagline

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 02:23 »
We sure lost a good one. I really enjoyed talking and working with Louie. I will never forget his laugh and voice. He just had such a natural goodness about him.

dcotroneo1

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 04:34 »
I had the privilege and the honor to not only work with Louie but he became a good friend. I knew him since the late 80’s and he taught me a lot about this business and more important he taught me about being a friend. His famous Louieisms that I can still hear him say today are: “spray a little gosh on it and put him in a mask”. Or,  “if don’t cause cataracts it ain’t shit”…….In the late 90’s I had a good time explaining to SEC’s corporate office why he had a 30 plus page resume. Besides being a stellar technician he had a passion for tearing down cars to every nut and bolt and rebuilding the engines and body with meticulous amazing results. I know he suffered the last few years with his knees and a bout with colon cancer. I know now that he has Peace and free of his pain. God bless you Louie. We will Miss you   Dominic Cotroneo

ohio_goonie

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 08:23 »
Was sad to hear the news of Louies passing when i came in the next night. He was a great guy who always went out of his way to help us and he will be missed. While i didn't know him outside of work it was my pleasure to know him and work with him.

-R.Baldwin

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 12:36 »
Dammit....

Louie was one of the best - I learned a lot from him, at Ginna, and a few other places.
Fun guy, understood people, hard worker, great guy to work with.
I always knew if I got turnover from him, there were no surprises...

God's peace Louie....
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Shawnee Man

• Moderate User
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 11:06 »
I have worked with Louie over the years, but got to see him this fall before he left Ginna. I am glad I got to see his smiling face one more time. Looking forward to seeing you on the other side Louie. I am sure you are getting every body in line over there as we speak.

Billie Childers
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:07 by Shawnee Man »

Offline Polock47

• Very Lite User
« Reply #19 on: Jun 15, 2011, 01:10 »
I today learned of Louie's recent passing, truely a Sad Loss. Louie & I were also fellow Housetechs at Ginna and often worked the night shift together. I recently worked with Louie at Beaver & Fermi and had talked to him on the phone in Feb. about him coming to TX and doing the fall outage at Comanche Peak.

He will be truely missed, the nuclear business has lost another great person and RP.

Rest well my friend, and my God Comfort You,

Always yer Friend, Dan Kotarski

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?