Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Lisa Babbit

Author Topic: Lisa Babbit  (Read 18068 times)

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
Lisa Babbit
« on: May 05, 2011, 11:52 »
It is with great sadness to report the passing of Lisa Babbit. Lisa was a bright light at the Clinton Power Station. Lisa will be missed by all.  God gives you forgiveness and He expects you to give it away. He gives you mercy, and He expects you to give it away. He doesn’t stay angry with you, and He expects you not to stay angry with others. He is slow to become angry, and He expects you to be slow to become angry. “The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and plenteous in mercy and loving-kindness.” Psalm 103:8
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:59 by DJ@LosAlamos »
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

Offline Duke Nuker

• Retired Radiation Protection and Emergency Preparedness
  • Moderate User
  • Currently Fly Fishing
Re: Lisa Babbit
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 02:51 »
Such sad news.  I worked with her years ago on the road.  Great girl who always had a smile for everyone.  She will be missed.
Is it time for coffee yet?

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 03:33 »
Oh no, so very sad... I have known her for so long, well before she went to Clinton..always such a sweetheart and great fun to be around.  Lisa will be sorely missed by all of those who knew her.

Barry

tagline

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 03:39 »
Lisa worked for me on some of her first jobs as a decon tech and also as a Jr. HP. Always willing to work and learn. She will be missed.

mey

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 09:06 »
Our hearts were saddened to hear the news,  we were very lucky to have Lisa as a member of our family, and most of all we were very lucky to be a part of hers.  We have realized why we have so much sadness in her passing:  So many wonderful, wonderful memories....It hurts so much to lose such a great friend..

Mark & Katrina

Offline cjhunter

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 12:39 »
So very sad to hear....She was such a sweet girl, and so young....She will truely be missed by all that knew her. Our prayers go out to Laurie and her family.
Randy and Carrie

dlgeers

Lisa Price Babbitt
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 01:15 »
Lisa Price Babbitt passed away May 5, 2011 after struggling a long battle with cancer. Lisa was a big part of a lot of peoples lives and always was willing to give a helping hand. She was a loving mother, daughter, sister and friend. Lisa will always be a special part of everyones life. She will always be remembered and loved. Those who knew Lisa and loved her should not think of what they have lost but what they have gained by knowing Lisa.       "You can shed tears that she is gone, or you can smile because she has lived. You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back, or you can open your eyes and see all she's left. Your heart can be empty because you can't see her, or you can be full of the love you shared. You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday, or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday. You can remember her only that she is gone, or you can cherish her memory and let it live on. You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back. Or you can do what she'd want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on."
 Services will be held at Skroch Funeral Home May 7, 2011
 Funeral services will be at 2nd Presbyterian Church in Flandreau South Dakota                                                     The Family of Lisa Babbitt 503 East 57th St. Sioux Falls, South Dakota   57108                                                                                 

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 02:21 »
Dewitt, IL - Lisa Price Babbitt died Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at Advocate BroMenn Medical Center, Bloomington. She was born March 28, 1966 in Flandreau to Thomas and Donna (Kittleson) Price. She was educated in Flandreau and graduated from Rutland High School in 1984. Lisa married Dan Babbitt in Flandreau and from this union two children were born. They moved to Michigan and Lisa went to Cosmetology School and then worked in the nuclear energy field where she did radiation protection. This job lead her to Illinois where she worked at Clinton Power Station until her health forced her to retire in 2010. She enjoyed gardening, hunting, being outdoors and was a dedicated employee to CPS. Lisa loved spending time with her children, grandson and the "boys" her dogs. Lisa is survived by two children, Kristen Babbitt and her fiance`, Nick Dembowske, Charlotte, MI, Aaron Babbitt, Dewitt, IL; one grandson, Nolan; her mother, Donna Price, Flandreau; four siblings, Steve (Tammie) Price, Cheyenne, WY, Julie (Jerry) Gehrels, Wentworth, Laurie (Dan) Geers, Sioux Falls, Tom (Carol) Price, Flandreau; many loving nieces and nephews and special friend, Rick Schenk, Dewitt, IL. She was preceded in death by her father, Thomas Price; grandparents, Donald and Ruth Kittleson and Gaylord and Elna Price. Donations can be made to: Mid-Illinois Hematology & Oncology Center, 407 E Vernon Ave #2, Normal, IL 61761 National LeioMyo Sarcoma Foundation, 2843 E Grand River #230, East Lansing, MI 48823. Funeral services will be Monday, May 9, 2011 at 10:30 am at Second Presbyterian Church, Flandreau, with burial in Union Cemetery. Visitation is Sunday from 5:00-7:00 pm at Skroch Funeral Chapel. Memorial services will be Saturday, May 14, 2011 at 1:00 pm at Calvert Funeral Home, Clinton, IL
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

Offline Shawnee Man

• Moderate User
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 11:25 »
She was such a nice person and very hard worker. I believe I worked with her last at TMI. She always did everything to her best ability. So young; life ended way too soon. I am shocked!!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 11:28 by Shawnee Man »

Offline forrest

• Lurker
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 09:40 »
going to miss you, see you in haven

Offline Jack U. Loyd

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 08:42 »
RIP Lisa ..

See ya when I get there.

Kokokel

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 05:10 »
     Lisa was a very fun loving, good hearted, wonderful woman.  It is so sad that we have lost her.  She was a great friend to all who knew her.  She will be greatly missed by all.  My condolences to her family & friends.

Offline St Raphael

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 11:26 »
I had the pleasure of first meeting Lisa many years ago while working an outage at Clinton Power Station. She often shared her kindness, support and love of life and family with me and helped me through a very difficult time with her kind words of love and encouragement. I have never forgotten that time at Clinton....how special people are placed in our lives at different times....and it will remain in my heart forever. I thought of this "poem" I read and it reminded me of Lisa.....

A brief candle; both ends burning,
An endless mile; a bus wheel turning
A friend to share the lonesome times
A handshake and a sip of wine
So say it loud and let it ring
We are all a part of everything
The future, present and the past
Fly on proud bird
You're free at last. -

Charlie Daniels ... written en route to the funeral for his friend, Ronnie Van Zant of the band, Lynyrd Skynyrd.

God bless her mother, Donna, her two children; Kristen and Aaron, sisters and brothers...Laurie I love you dear heart..., grandson, Nolan family and friends. My prayers are with you all.

Love Mary Bradley-Brown
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, Not because they never found it, But because they didn't stop to enjoy it."  -- William Faulkner (1897-1962)

Offline imbucky

• Light User
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 11:52 »
Mark & Trina,
Lisa always talked about you guys as if you were her brother and sister and had the utmost respect for you guys, she really considered you her true friends.
My buddy Carter called to tell me about Lisa. I had a chance to meet her kids and spend some time with her a long time ago, seems like a different life ago, and when I think of it I can hear that laugh?
She was a good shit, never took s@#t from anybody, and had a big old heart.......
To my friend.....Keep the rubber side down sister, your bullets straight, and the wind in your face, and put in a good word for me....
Bucky

Our hearts were saddened to hear the news,  we were very lucky to have Lisa as a member of our family, and most of all we were very lucky to be a part of hers.  We have realized why we have so much sadness in her passing:  So many wonderful, wonderful memories....It hurts so much to lose such a great friend..

Mark & Katrina

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 12:00 by Marlin »
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates.

It's more like a jar of Jalapenos....what you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.......

Kokokel

« Reply #14 on: Mar 02, 2014, 05:52 »
 :)You were such a bit of sunshine.  All these years we stayed in touch.  Your love and kindness for people and animals was the greatest.  I can't believe I can't just call you any more.  You had such a big heart.  I surely will miss you always  You were definately an angel from God.  Love you girl!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?