Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu How to become nuclear operator?

Author Topic: How to become nuclear operator?  (Read 44674 times)

Fermi2

Re: How to become nuclear operator?
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2011, 05:46 »
Utilities at least an order of magnitude higher.

Fermi2

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2011, 05:47 »
hello,

How do I become a nuclear operator?
What is the Education level to become one?
and What is the physical work needed?

i know these are just questions i am just asking

Give it up. You'll never make it.

Offline Fluffy Bunny

• Light User
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2011, 10:35 »
You dont have a nice blue thing on your title, how can you possibly know what a utility would want?   ;) ;)

It's ok Dave, we all know your the real Expert around here.
[stir] I'm the Troll your mother warned you about, feed me.

MacGyver

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 07:34 »
It's ok Dave, we all know your the real Expert around here.

You know, the more I study your posts, you appear to be a moderator posting under a different screen name.

That's what I find funny bunny.

Mac

MacGyver

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 07:50 »

Give it up. You'll never make it.

I agree whole heartedly.

An open letter to BZ.
Dear Shift Manager BZ,

You know I offered the same advice in a constructive manner and I was smited by the Forum Admin (this is the quote "Be helpful or be quiet. Ignorance is a 2 way street.").  I wonder what your punishment will be?

BZ it seems that the minnow's have become a protected species around here.  And, we are the expendable.  We'll see how that turns out for the site.

Keep up the good work BZ.

Mac
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 09:12 by MacGyver »

Fermi2

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2011, 02:43 »
I agree whole heartedly.

An open letter to BZ.
Dear Shift Manager BZ,

You know I offered the same advice in a constructive manner and I was smited by the Forum Admin (this is the quote "Be helpful or be quiet. Ignorance is a 2 way street.").  I wonder what your punishment will be?

BZ it seems that the minnow's have become a protected species around here.  And, we are the expendable.  We'll see how that turns out for the site.

Keep up the good work BZ.

Mac

Well my friend every now and then you gotta have one ot two souls who realize that some species aren't worth protecting.... I'm going POACHING!!! :)

Nuclear_Nerd

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2011, 04:47 »
What are you taking right now?

Where do you live?

There are some utilities that sponsor technical programs that could lead to a job offer upon successful completion.

A.S. in Liberal Arts and Sciences with Advisement Area in Physics

and

I live Rochester NY area

and

I don't know utilities that sponsor technical programs

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2011, 05:58 »

and

I live Rochester NY area

and

Sounds like you need to find a way to get some experience and go to a different school. You want this particular job, you are going to have to work for it. If that means changing your status quo to do so, then so be it.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011, 06:21 »

and

I live Rochester NY area

and

You need to change the types of courses you are taking. For example, here is what is required for an AS in nuclear engineering technology;

http://www.tesc.edu/3054.php

So, I recommend finding a degree program with similar requirements.

And as someone mentioned, check out Bismark because several utilities partner with them.

http://info.bismarckstate.edu/energy/students/nupt/courses.asp

I hope that helps.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

subcutaneous one

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2011, 10:06 »
Learn to capitalize.

Learn to spell correctly

And despite what bradley says learning to search is correct advice.

Amazing advice from a man who types with only one finger from each hand.

Fermi2

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2011, 10:19 »

Amazing advice from a man who types with only one finger from each hand.

LMAO, based on your reply in that other thread I KNOW you have been an NLO for me in the past. And get it right. Only one hand, right middle finger.

Nuclear_Nerd

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2011, 10:20 »
You need to change the types of courses you are taking. For example, here is what is required for an AS in nuclear engineering technology;

http://www.tesc.edu/3054.php

So, I recommend finding a degree program with similar requirements.

And as someone mentioned, check out Bismark because several utilities partner with them.

http://info.bismarckstate.edu/energy/students/nupt/courses.asp

I hope that helps.

is the Bismarck state program online?

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2011, 10:39 »

I don't know. This is the point where you take the info and run with your career.

Good luck.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

MacGyver

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2011, 01:41 »

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, your answer is one click away.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 01:42 by MacGyver »

BWB519

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2011, 05:25 »

Offline Frank Cable

• Light User
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2011, 05:35 »
Who here has seen Punked?

MacGyver

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2011, 02:12 »
Yeah I know Marssim.  You're right.

I'll do the honor's:
Bad Ex-Navy Nuke ... Bad Ex-Sub'Qual'd Navy Nuke ... Bad Commercial Nuke Operator ... Okay I feel better now.   ;) :o 8)

Who here has seen Punked?

Check out this kids posts and you will see he is just a 17 to 18 year old kid who is used to being spoon feed.  

I'm precollege Student (3 month from the end of high school I am getting a NY state Regents Diploma on June 23 and I am going to a CC). I am looking to be in the nuclear field but I do not the different between Reactor Operator and Nuclear engineer. I want to work in a Nuclear Power Plant.

Could I be a Reactor Operator and part time college student at the same time?

hello,

How do I become a nuclear operator?
What is the Education level to become one?
and What is the physical work needed?

i know these are just questions i am just asking

I have now revised his chances of success in the Commercial Nuclear Industry to zero.  Why you ask?  He was given the link to the correct spot and he was one click away from the answer he then asked (and I answered).  

You can't make it as an operator without initiative.  He has zero.  Then too are his chances of success.

Mac
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 02:32 by MacGyver »

subcutaneous one

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2011, 10:50 »

LMAO, based on your reply in that other thread I KNOW you have been an NLO for me in the past. And get it right. Only one hand, right middle finger.

Just letting you know that we are monitoring your activities. Good thing Sequoyah doesn't make you don and remove anti-C's.

Nuclear_Nerd

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2011, 11:21 »
I have look into the nuclear engineering technology, thank you the help and the dis-help and insults to me, I am just trying to find my path of career chose and going to go back to my former plan because I have high level friends in fortune 500 companies, the Department of Energy and US government

If you were thinking, I am not going to be getting a job in the future subcutaneous one 

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2011, 11:35 »
I have look into the nuclear engineering technology, thank you the help and the dis-help and insults to me, I am just trying to find my path of career chose and going to go back to my former plan because I have high level friends in fortune 500 companies, the Department of Energy and US government

If you were thinking, I am not going to be getting a job in the future subcutaneous one 

stop QQ'ing.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2011, 11:41 »

Using your high level contacts is probably your best bet.  ;) Good luck to you!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:41 by TheHiggs »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2011, 11:46 »

Then those "high-level" friends would have already hooked you up and this thread would not exist. Unless they are either imaginary, World of Warcraft mages or possibly sleeper moles.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2011, 11:48 »
Then those "high-level" friends would have already hooked you up and this thread would not exist. Unless they are either imaginary, World of Warcraft mages or possibly sleeper moles.
Dave, easy man. He's on his "path of career chose". Lighten up, gosh....

Offline bradley535

• Light User
  • My employer found me at NukeWorker.com
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2011, 03:10 »

Just because Blizzard Entertainment is a very successful business doesn't mean that your level 60 Paladin buddy is going to get you a job. Good luck, though; and remember, I tried to warn you early.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2011, 09:44 »
Dave, easy man. He's on his "path of career chose". Lighten up, gosh....

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?