Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Here goes nothing!!
honeypot

Author Topic: Here goes nothing!!  (Read 7565 times)

Offline Marc622

• Light User
Here goes nothing!!
« on: May 05, 2011, 06:55 »
Well guys its about that time. I've been relaxing on hold for the last 2 months as the knowledge I absorbed in NPS has trickled away. This Monday begins the last cycle; the dreaded Prototype. I guess I'm kind of amped because I DO enjoy learning about our plant, but the thought of twelve hour days scare me (Yes, I was one of those guys that got to ask "What's a tac hour?" back in A/P School). My plan like always is to hit the ground running and hopefully it works out the same way. My motivation still remains the same; Be stellar-> Get reduced hours -> Be lazy as !@#$ at home :). Some may say that's the wrong drive, but is it wrong if still doing my job well? Just had to let it out. Thanks for reading! BTW if anyone has questions about NNPTC feel free to ask. Oh, last thing, the Navy is alot nicer than people make it seem. Just wanted it to be known that I've gotten every choice I've asked for ( ET, on hold, NY prototype etc.)

drayer54

Re: Here goes nothing!!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 07:38 »
Well guys its about that time. I've been relaxing on hold for the last 2 months as the knowledge I absorbed in NPS has trickled away. This Monday begins the last cycle; the dreaded Prototype. I guess I'm kind of amped because I DO enjoy learning about our plant, but the thought of twelve hour days scare me (Yes, I was one of those guys that got to ask "What's a tac hour?" back in A/P School). My plan like always is to hit the ground running and hopefully it works out the same way. My motivation still remains the same; Be stellar-> Get reduced hours -> Be lazy as !@#$ at home :). Some may say that's the wrong drive, but is it wrong if still doing my job well? Just had to let it out. Thanks for reading! BTW if anyone has questions about NNPTC feel free to ask. Oh, last thing, the Navy is alot nicer than people make it seem. Just wanted it to be known that I've gotten every choice I've asked for ( ET, on hold, NY prototype etc.)
Get used to the hours, it only get's worse. Enjoy New York! The girls are friendly, the cool cities are nearby, and go get a beer or two to relax at the Tin N' Lint. You'll do fine.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 08:28 »
Guard your drink carefully!

Offline Marc622

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 08:44 »
Thanks guy! Its especially awesome because I'm from the city  :P. 3 Hours from home, so I definitely can't complain.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 01:14 »
Guard your drink carefully!
YES!

Marc -> nothing wrong with your mentality. What you do in your time off is up to you. You dont get homework in prototype, but your quals are YOUR responsibility. I wasnt on hours in A/P school either, and I did really well in prototype. Good luck! Caroline street is FUN!!! :)   

Offline Llama

• License Termination Manager
  • Moderate User
  • Have you hugged a llama today?
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 08:08 »
You are getting here at a good time. Snow is gone and the leaves are starting to come out. Summers here are truly beautiful. If you happen to go through Cambridge stop by and say hi (hopefully I'll be in town). Enjoy NY and good luck at prototype.

Marty and Sharon Erickson

Fermi2

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 09:58 »

Sounds like a great plan. There is nothing wrong with working your butt off to get reduced hours so you have more butt time at home. Have fun!

Offline goobs22xx

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 10:00 »
Just be motivated to do well. Your reasons for being so are your own.

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #8 on: Jun 04, 2011, 11:48 »
Enjoy MARF, I'll be S8G with my bro in a month.
Being on hold sucks. But, I managed to read alllll of the RP T-man in about 10hrs. Freaking love that crap. Although, understanding 50% of it, the other 50% is a bit over my head...

edited by GC <<Orly?

« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2011, 10:42 by Jechtm »
"Truth is the Daughter of Inspiration;... It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

~Bruce Lee

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?