Career Path > DOE

L  OR Q  CLEARANCE

(1/6) > >>

oldradman:
CAN ANY 1 TELL ME HOW A PERSON CAN OBTAIN   L   OR Q CLEARANCE. CAN THE PERSON PAY AND HAVE 1 DONE. OR WHO TO CONTACT TO HAVE IT DONE,ETC AND SO.  WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP WITH THIS.
THANKS

Carolina Jethro:
You have to be employed or be requested by employer to obtain clearance through DOE. DOE performs the actual investigation.

MajTom:
DOE/NNSA must request the clearence when the employee is determined to need the access. The OPM (Office of Personnel Management) or FBI actually performs the investigation.

Ladyradhp39:
I have spoke to someone and it is my understanding whatever occurred before Jan. 1990 is not of any importance. This came from a very reliable source. They are interested in the past seven years. I did explain my situation. I was told if I had the proper rehab, medical reports, doctors reports, and anything else. I would need to present the information. I will have to place my background before any arrest, conviction or any other past garbage. I know I am not the only one with a past.
Can anyone tell me if I am right with my understanding of L & Q clearances?

Rain Man:
LadyRadHP39, With DOE clearances EVERYTHING is of importance.  I would volunteer anything from your background regardless of when it happened.  They are very concerned with veracity.  They will be concerned about any problems you may have had in the past.  This does not mean you will be denied a clearance.  They are even more concerned about how truthful you are about them.  Tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  They and their contractor for security background checks, the OPM (Office of Personnel Management) take clearances very seriously.  If you are up front with them you should not have any problems.  If you lie, mislead, misrepresent, or even give those impressions, getting a clearance may get a little rough and denial is a very strong possiblity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version