Career Path > DOE

L  OR Q  CLEARANCE

<< < (3/6) > >>

alphadude:
yes they stick to DOE and you dont see a lot of jumping back and forth-however that may be changing-there is a recent influx of poweplant people-power plant work can get lean- DOE tend to be longer term

tff986s:
also, one could not afford to obtain such a clearance even if you didn't need the employer request... various #'s thrown about, but i have consistently heard $10k to process, and substantial amt's to keep it active thereafter...

i held a "Q" from the early 80's thru the early 90's, then they downsized the # of cleared people needed... [rocky flats]... it took about a year for me, i spent a summer in france w/no perm address, and being the communist influenced country that it was at that time, sent up lots of red flags.

if one does get a clearance, you can send off to washington for your clearance paperwork. i did, and it is about 3-4" thick, and quite useful for things like old addresses, bank #'s, etc.. along with having quite interesting reading about what your friends and acquaintances said about you!!

8) ;)

SloGlo:

--- Quote from: tff986s on Jun 14, 2004, 06:05 ---if one does get a clearance, you can send off to washington for your clearance paperwork. i did, and it is about 3-4" thick, and quite useful for things like old addresses, bank #'s, etc.. along with having quite interesting reading about what your friends and acquaintances said about you!!

8) ;)

--- End quote ---

or request a copy on yer way out the door, security will send it to you.  that stacka paper will due yer next cleerence faster'n a goose will s.....  it'll work durned quick!

oldguy:
You will lose your clearance as soon as you lose your "need to know".  Not just when you leave your job.  It is, however, easier to get one re-instated than it is to get a new one.  They will interview your childhood neighbors if they are still alive.  Hello to all my old friends who love dog stew.

TaskJobs:
Many of the positions that I recruit for require Q & L clearances. It's very hard. As was said earlier...ppl w/active Q's are not just walking around unemployed. It's quite the catch 22. I've seen ppl that "left out" info they didn't feel was important & that is a big NO NO. Just tell the truth...all of it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version