Career Path > General

NukeWorker Success Stories

<< < (3/8) > >>

Styrofoam:
Some of the people on the site helped me through long stretches of waiting for waivers and freaking out about upcoming tests. They answered most of my questions. ;)

I've found the average levels of competency and civility to far surpass any other forum sites I've been to (including PolySci).

I'll keep visiting throughout my career, however long that may be. :)

Laundry Man:
I saw the ad for the position I currently hold right here on NW!
Thanks Mike,
LM

Fermi2:

--- Quote from: Georg on May 13, 2011, 05:12 ---Hi
I am a Russian nuclear engineer-physicist with many years of really practical experiences in nuclear industry of former USSR countries. Was putting the reactors in operation and fulfilled the decommissioning the nuclear power plants. I have the best nuclear engineering education (i.e. 6 complete years in a State University of Nuclear Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia) what could be got in Russia during the 90-s. I moved to Canada as a new-comer with a hope to get a position of a technician or an engineer in nuclear industry of Canada or US. But! To my GREAT surprise the system of qualification requirements in North America is done in such a way what it is really practically impossible to get there any job in nuclear industry for foreign trained engineers without any possibility even to try to pass the qualification exams. I had to sell my property in Canada and move my family from America back to my country. Upon this, I would say what Canada and US have closed the doors for non-american nuclear engineers. I assume the situation as a very ugly. I have stopped several families of my relatives and friends from the very stupid step to immigrate to North America.
To all the Russians and former ex-Soviet people! Think twice before move to Canada or US with a hope to be treated as engineers or normal people. Non-american diploma/certificate and non-american experience mean nothing in Canada and US. The only way which is open for you in North America is to be a “welfarast” or a worker at a gas-station or a conveyer belt.
To the Americans. You just do not understand the big difference between the levels of engineering education and experience of American and Russian nuclear engineers. Russians are far more educated and experienced than American nuclear engineers. By closing the ways for Russian engineers to work in nuclear industry of Canada and US you will stay at the quite low level of your engineering skills and understanding the processes and technics of nuclear industry.
Apart of this, please, try to understand what for several last years the ethnic composition of the new-comers is mainly has became so-called “non-white”, since “the white engineers” are too proud to be “the second” for years without any chance to be recognized as high-qualified engineers, and by this to became about equal to the “real” Americans. This would definitely lead to the situation which is already in the France, for example. I would say, what the situation of total replacing the “native” white population in formerly mainly white North American cities by a very strange, non-educated, very poor, and mainly non-white new-comers  may be easily seen in Toronto, ON.

--- End quote ---

WTH? Some MotherFer is always trying to ice skate uphill.

I gotta admit Mike this website has given me some incredibly good laughs too. It is the site that I check first every day. Then www.nrc.gov in order to read the event reports.

basketlady:
NukeWorker has been a help to me in the past..  I needed work and came to NW .  Bartlett had a post needing deconners for North Anna....I GOT IN!!!! And once again....I was leaving  Seabrook. Just before I left my room, I checked NW. There was a post about Brunswick. By the time I got to the Delawere Bridge ....I had  a job.    THANKS NUKEWORKER !!!!!!!

darkmatter:

--- Quote from: Broadzilla on May 12, 2011, 02:51 ---Picked up lots of good tribal knowledge from other members here, HydroDave, Marssim, Nutty Neutron, Justin aka Higgs, , MacGyver et al. Also got some great inside looks at how other departments think.

For the individuals I have shared many PMs with either giving advice, or answering questions, or teaching or just shooting the bull, well I've thoroughly enjoyed it and the energy of those just starting out in our industry has at times made me enjoy my job more. It's nice seeing someone take their first steps in an industry that I've learned to run in and see how joyful they are at their success.

I've enjoyed the disagreements with those who believe at times I might be too gruff. I might not agree but I do respect your opinions!

So yeah Nukeworker has given me the best of a few worlds.

--- End quote ---
Picked up lots of good B.S. stories from other members here, HydroDave, Marssim, Nutty Neutron, Justin aka Higgs, , MacGyver et al. Also got some great inside looks at how other departments dysfunctional perform.

For the individuals I have shared many PMs with either giving Crap, or answering Crap, or lying or just shooting the messenger, well I've thoroughly enjoyed it and the energy of those just starting out in our industry has at times made me enjoy my career more. It's nice seeing someone take their first steps in an industry that I've learned to play hide & seek for a grand a week and see how joyful they are at their success.

I've enjoyed the disagreements with those who believe at times I might be too alien. I might not agree but I do LOL at your opinions!

So yeah Nukeworker has given me the best of a few worlds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version