Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Just saying hello.  

Author Topic: Just saying hello.  (Read 5888 times)

4rgone

Just saying hello.
« on: May 20, 2011, 06:41 »
I'm new to the forum just wanted to say hello to everyone. I currently do armed security at Vandenberg AFB, but have been wanting to become a NSO at Diablo Canyon for quite some time. Just trying to get my foot in the door. I didn't even know a site like this existed until a few days ago. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: Just saying hello.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 06:48 »
Hello and welcome! Feel free to ask any questions you may have!
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 07:53 »
Back to ya - hello & welcome!

You may get some negative responses; however, ignor them and don't let them scare you away, most of the folks will give you good answers or send you in the right direction.
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

ISOCS

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 07:06 »
Do you have anything in mind that you may want an anwer too?
ISOCS

4rgone

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 10:51 »
I appreciate everyone responding and what would the internet be without some people being a little rough with you. As far as questions go. I have heard from some that Diablo might be hiring security in a few months I don't know if thats for an outage or not. I know people get picked up on occasion for working the outages, but giving up a full time job for something that "might" happen is a little bit more risk than I'm willing to take. I'm curious to know what the PT requirements are and if there security works a Panama schedule or not I also would like to know what sort of tests outside of physical stuff they would have you go through.
I can't say I have a passion for cammies and weapons but I am very comfortable in that sort of environment and professionally speaking I have always done very well and been quickly promoted while doing security. I also hear that the security at Diablo is very well trained and I want to be a part of that. In this area they are also the highest paid. Unless you want to get into the BOP
I looked into the "lineman" position (thank you for the link) and there is nothing in my area, unfortunately I can't move.
I know everyone has a lot going on in there lives so I thank you all again for responding and also thanks to any future responses to my questions.

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 12:18 »
Generally, security positions are not outage related.

If you are interested in DC you might want to contact them (HR) directly and as soon as possible.  They will normally tell you if they: 1) Have current openings, 2) Anticipate having openings in the near future, or 3) Tell you to watch the papers for openings.
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?