Reference, Questions and Help > Site Q&A

Like button

<< < (2/10) > >>

Rennhack:
It's harder than you think to do it (at least, to do it right).

First, I will have to upgrade the website to the beta version of our forum software. (That's the hard part).  Once I get it upgraded, I should be able to add the like button.  The time line would be a few weeks.

Bottom line, I'll do it.  But This summer is hectic, so I don't know when it will be finished.

Cycoticpenguin:
Ill be "that guy" and say it. This is crap. Half the point of gold membership is the ability to give karma. If you make a "like" button you are effectively removing that priviledge.

Gamecock:

--- Quote from: Charlie Murphy on May 28, 2011, 05:01 ---Ill be "that guy" and say it. This is crap. Half the point of gold membership is the ability to give karma. If you make a "like" button you are effectively removing that priviledge.

--- End quote ---

I concur....

If you want to use a "like" button, become a gold member!

OldHP:

--- Quote from: Charlie Murphy on May 28, 2011, 05:01 ---Ill be "that guy" and say it. This is crap. Half the point of gold membership is the ability to give karma. If you make a "like" button you are effectively removing that priviledge. 
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Gamecock on May 28, 2011, 05:32 ---I concur....
If you want to use a "like" button, become a gold member! 
--- End quote ---

I've got to go along with that!  This is not facebook or the 'Yahoo News'!

Higgs:
If there were a "like" button, I would have liked the previous 3 posts.  8)

That said, I think you are melding two ideas. Karma is a personal thing, "Like" or "thanking" is separate from that to recognize a good or helpful post. What I thought of when I read about this is androidforums.com where they have a "thanks" button on each post, and if people like the post or found it helpful, they could "thank" the poster by hitting the button.

For example, here is a post where many people "thanked" the poster.

http://androidforums.com/htc-thunderbolt/301064-must-have-apps-thunderbolt.html

I see a benefit of having both Karma, and "thanks" or "like." Like I said, we use Karma for something different than I see us using a "like" or "thanks."

Just my opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version