Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu How do I get a copy of my medical record?

Author Topic: How do I get a copy of my medical record?  (Read 14473 times)

Cycoticpenguin

How do I get a copy of my medical record?
« on: May 31, 2011, 01:20 »
I need a copy of my medical record for my FFD stuff. I have a lot of very expensive tests that Id like to not have to pay for again.

edit: evetrecs isnt working for me.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:21 by Charlie Murphy »

drayer54

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: How do I get a copy of my medical record?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 02:04 »
They don't just give it to you when you get out anymore? Got mine in my little safe as we speak.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 05:38 »
I recommend you speak to your local VA rep.  Let this be a lesson learned for all those getting out - Make at least two full, certified copies of your medical records prior to EAOS.   
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 06:03 »
I need a copy of my medical record for my FFD stuff. I have a lot of very expensive tests that Id like to not have to pay for again.

edit: evetrecs isnt working for me.

CM, if FFD is requiring the tests, you should not have to pay for them.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 06:59 »
CM, if FFD is requiring the tests, you should not have to pay for them.

Well.....

How do I get my money back? Pearl it? (business expense report?)

I recommend you speak to your local VA rep.  Let this be a lesson learned for all those getting out - Make at least two full, certified copies of your medical records prior to EAOS.   

Id have done that, but I really didnt get a chance...

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 07:12 »
Well.....

You are going to have to ask them. Like I said in PM, it makes no sense that you'd have to pay out of pocket for a company required test. Something is strange.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 09:05 »
Well.....

Something does not seem right. If you were required to see a DR, then they should have set up the appointment.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 09:15 »
We can speculate all day gentlemen. This is what it is. Im far from "exaggerating" or "lying" here.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 09:29 »
No one said that. It simply isn't SOP at most places to put you through what you are going through. Chill out.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 09:38 »
No one said that. It simply isn't SOP at most places to put you through what you are going through. Chill out.

Im just frustrated is all. My CAREER is on the line here.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 09:43 »
http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/index.html sent me mine in about 3 weeks after I faxed the sf-180 in. That was for both medical and personnel files

Offline owsi84621

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 09:50 »
Depending on the year, sometimes it's easier to get your senator involved also. My record was split between the VA and the gov't's repository.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 09:51 »
Im just frustrated is all. My CAREER is on the line here.

You need to speak to your union rep at this point.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 11:34 »

What he said, this is what your dues are for.  They know rights that you don't know you have, they've got experience at this (or should know who to call), and you shouldn't try to handle something like this on your own.  (Something about someone representing themselves has a fool for a client comes to mind.  ;))

Not picking on you here but this is where your Union rep can, & should, keep the company off of your back while you get your information.  They know the place better than you possibly could at this point in your career and should be able to limit the B.S. stuff.  (Such as charging you for FFD tests and such)

If you have anything you need to discuss via PM I'll answer as quickly as I can man.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline a|F

• Moderate User
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 11:57 »
Clearly not the whole story.  Does the bs ever end with CM? 

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #16 on: Jun 01, 2011, 12:53 »
What he said, this is what your dues are for.  They know rights that you don't know you have, they've got experience at this (or should know who to call), and you shouldn't try to handle something like this on your own.  (Something about someone representing themselves has a fool for a client comes to mind.  ;))

Not picking on you here but this is where your Union rep can, & should, keep the company off of your back while you get your information.  They know the place better than you possibly could at this point in your career and should be able to limit the B.S. stuff.  (Such as charging you for FFD tests and such)

If you have anything you need to discuss via PM I'll answer as quickly as I can man.

thanks. I'll try to get ahold of some union people tomorrow.  I'll let you know  what happens I guess. You are correct, I have zero clue whats going on.

Clearly not the whole story.  Does the bs ever end with CM?  

........................ hmm. Last I checked, my integrity was never in doubt or in question. If I was lying, theres a 99.99999% chance I'd be out of a job right now. Glad you know what you are talking about. Great input to the conversation. Again.

« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2011, 12:54 by Charlie Murphy »

MacGyver

« Reply #17 on: Jun 01, 2011, 12:14 »
What he said {re:
}[/i], this is what your dues are for.  They know rights that you don't know you have, they've got experience at this (or should know who to call), and you shouldn't try to handle something like this on your own.  (Something about someone representing themselves has a fool for a client comes to mind.  ;))

Not picking on you here but this is where your Union rep can, & should, keep the company off of your back while you get your information.  They know the place better than you possibly could at this point in your career and should be able to limit the B.S. stuff.  (Such as charging you for FFD tests and such)

I wonder how being on probation will change his standing (re: union representation)?  Our union reps here (a region II plant) will help you but there is zero they can do as a recourse to company actions taken (e.g. while on probation).

Good advice none the less from you both.

*thinking aloud*
Wonder why he signed off and changed his screen name?

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #18 on: Jun 01, 2011, 01:01 »
Yeah I just got clarification that although on probation, he would still have some representation if the company was really doing what he claimed they were doing.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?