Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Benchmarking Trip Suggestions
honeypot

Author Topic: Benchmarking Trip Suggestions  (Read 4774 times)

Offline jquella07

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Benchmarking Trip Suggestions
« on: Jun 01, 2011, 04:59 »
Greetings Fellow Nukes,

I work in the Instrumentation and Controls group at SONGS and I have been tasked to organize and plan a benchmarking trip focusing on:

Verification Techniques (PVC/Independent/Concurrent)
Temporary System Alteration, Restoration and Verification
Maintenance Work Activity Guidelines
Instrumentation and Control Loop Verification
Instrument Fittings Installation, Inspection and Remake

I was wondering if anyone on these threads could recommend any top performing nuke plants in the country that have efficient processes regarding the focus items above that we could benchmark?  Perhaps your plant?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Benchmarking Trip Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2011, 05:07 »
Some of the utilities in the CE Owners Group are more responsive than others. I'd start there.

Offline a|F

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Jun 01, 2011, 05:56 »
Exelon has a fleet of INPO 1 plants.  Quite a few near Chicago.  Come see me shipmate ;)

Offline redline

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2011, 09:44 »
Lots of good options out there, but one word of caution. There are some plants out that will gladly accept your request but give you almost nothing when you get there. One INPO 1 site that may have been mentioned above comes to mind (left us outside the gate until we tired and went home - lots of excuses not to show us things) this was not directed at us but rather a site culture thing as we learned later. I'll not throw stones or name names, but suggest that before you choose a site you should solicite input from third parties as to how they were treated before you go.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?