Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu BWR questions honeypot

Author Topic: BWR questions  (Read 70315 times)

Offline Neutron_Herder

• SRO / STA
  • Moderate User
Re: BWR questions
« Reply #25 on: Jun 16, 2011, 07:26 »
Jams

Are you at Grand Gulf?  If so I can email you a link to some notes on the network, or even a link to all of the lesson plans if you're really in the mood to punish yourself.

Send me a PM with your work email, and I'll send it over.

If worst comes to worst, I have copied some of the notes over to my laptop and can copy them over to a thumb drive for you.  They aren't really detailed on the explantion side, just basic explanations and setpoints.

Jay
"If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking" - Gen. George S. Patton

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #26 on: Jun 16, 2011, 07:34 »
I have a bunch of BWR 4 stuff. Six isn't much different and I can help you with the differences.

Thanks, getting a handle on the licensing end, now need to learn more about the plant.

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #27 on: Jun 16, 2011, 07:37 »
Jams

Are you at Grand Gulf?  If so I can email you a link to some notes on the network, or even a link to all of the lesson plans if you're really in the mood to punish yourself.

Send me a PM with your work email, and I'll send it over.

If worst comes to worst, I have copied some of the notes over to my laptop and can copy them over to a thumb drive for you.  They aren't really detailed on the explantion side, just basic explanations and setpoints.

Yes, I am. 
jseiter@ you know the rest.

Your email was hidden.

Jay

Nuclear Renaissance

« Reply #28 on: Jun 16, 2011, 07:42 »
"General Description of a GE Boiling Water Reactor (BWR/6)"

This is the sales tech manual. It can be purchased in paperback, and also found here: http://www.houseoffoust.com/fukushima/ge-bwr6.pdf

Operationally, it is not quite the way BWR/6s operate today, but the systems description is accurate.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #29 on: Jun 16, 2011, 08:13 »
Ah, I see now what these Levels are for your unit.

Here;

http://www.houseoffoust.com/fukushima/GEMANUAL.pdf

I am really shocked that you can't get this information from your training department. Or... some licensed guy that has notes on the intranet.

Just a bump for another reference posted earlier, that has some BWR4 stuff for those interested. Plus, there is a good read on corrosion, cracking and other metallurgical problems with BWRs posted earlier in the thread.
« Last Edit: Jun 16, 2011, 08:16 by TheHiggs »
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

MacGyver

« Reply #30 on: Jun 17, 2011, 09:55 »
I can email you STM's if you wish. 

They aren't copyrighted or proprietary, right?

Fair use act. read it up please sir.

I once had a copyright holder's attorney explain to me that the Fair Use Act when applied to educational purposes was a courtroom defense and he offered me the chance to put it to use.

I declined the invitation.

If you're working for a Utility I wouldn't bet my job on them giving a you know what.

Im not understanding...

Allow me to translate. 

You have THREE (read that as the number "3") current or previous training instructors and currently employed utility professionals tell you to "cease and desist" regarding sending someone (outside your plant site) your company information (i.e. STM).

I hope that helps your "understanding" on "fair use".

I'm just saying ...

Fermi2

« Reply #31 on: Jun 17, 2011, 04:05 »
I weas rather hoping he had the problem solving ability to put it together himself. Guess I was wrong.

Fermi2

« Reply #32 on: Jun 17, 2011, 05:01 »
No one said don't assist. Just do it smartly and don't risk your job to do it.

Fermi2

« Reply #33 on: Jun 17, 2011, 05:13 »
Whether they are RP Techs or not is immaterial. What they are are industry veterans who understand when something is issued by your utility it's meant to stay within your utility unless someone of sufficient authority gives a written release.
I'll venture a guess your utility has a procedure that says exactly that.

MacGyver

« Reply #34 on: Jun 17, 2011, 05:21 »
No but we love tuna! ;P

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #35 on: Jun 18, 2011, 09:40 »
Im just a tuna with good taste, I dont taste very good ;)

To steal your last post. this is how it seems when you guys lecture me :p

Naaaah, all of your head-dive efforts to 'swim' into every topic has me picturing you more of an "Incredible Mr. Limpet", actually! ;)

« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2011, 09:41 by HydroDave63 »

Fermi2

« Reply #36 on: Jun 18, 2011, 07:40 »
eh whatever man, I get bashed in my own posts, so what does it matter?

Again,

"Allow me to ask this, I've had a few requests for information on BWR stuff at the NLO level. How do I know what I can and cant share? I was under the impression all these documents are public information."

What am I allowed and not allowed to share?

The point is none of us is your Operations Manager, you should ask him.

nrt

« Reply #37 on: Jun 22, 2011, 09:03 »
Starkist - loved your Foghorn rant.  I feel your pain. :-[

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #38 on: Jun 22, 2011, 08:55 »
Lol. I've been a member here for 6 years. I should be used to it by now. Guess I still get upset when I offer help and get jumped on by the entire site seniority.

Like you're the only one. ;D
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Nuclear Renaissance

« Reply #39 on: Jun 23, 2011, 03:19 »
Just want to ensure you are checking your site's Updated Final Safety Analysis Report (UFSAR) and Design Basis Documents (DBDs) for these questions first. If not, find a trainer to give you a 10-min tutorial on where these electronic files reside; once you know where they are, getting accustomed to doing word searches within the pdfs will be an invaluable skill.

Fermi2

« Reply #40 on: Jun 23, 2011, 04:31 »
why does LPCS have an "AOV" check valve. What does it do?

That's called a Testable check valve. It supplies just enough pressure to allow the valve to open with no D/P. It it feels reverse flow it closes even with air pressure on it. It's used to cycle the valve after maintenance.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #41 on: Jun 25, 2011, 09:28 »
Before I spend hours wasting my time, can I find the basis for safety limits in tech specs?

The fortune cookie answer to nearly all Tech Specs is "to avoid breaking cladding". A very few are to avoid fuel peak centerline temp., but ultimately it is all about keeping fission fragments out of the people tank. Just like your last job  :P

Fermi2

« Reply #42 on: Jun 25, 2011, 10:15 »
Yes it's either going to be in section 2.0 Safety Limits or in the Basis for TS 2.0 in the Basis Section of TS. It depends on the version.

Your RPS setpoints which are derived from the Safety limits will be in section 3.3.1.1of the Basis portion of TS. In the old version I don't quite remember where they were at but they were either in section 2.0 or in the Basis in the back of TS.

The difference is the TS they now call standard TS have a huge basis document with all kinds of great information. The older TS have a section in the back of the book that is not so robust.

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #43 on: Jun 25, 2011, 10:26 »
Echoing Broadzilla on reading the bases. You can find it in eB or linked from you RBS Licensing home page. If you still have trouble let me know and I will show you where on Monday

Fermi2

« Reply #44 on: Jun 25, 2011, 08:50 »
Steam Flow Trip:

If one of the 4 steam lines Isolate the other 3 pass more steam. That is if other trips don't take you out.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #45 on: Jun 29, 2011, 12:15 »
Ok, I've tried finding a good answer, but I am failing...

Why do we only have the capacity to inject oxygen into one condensate pump line?

Fermi2

« Reply #46 on: Jun 29, 2011, 01:07 »
That is plant specific. Only your plant can answer that but most likely it's because you only needed one line so there was no sense paying money for more.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #47 on: Jun 29, 2011, 07:20 »
That is plant specific. Only your plant can answer that but most likely it's because you only needed one line so there was no sense paying money for more.

Arg. All right. Im beginning to see much of everything here boils down to $afety....

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #48 on: Jun 29, 2011, 08:16 »
Arg. All right. Im beginning to see much of everything here boils down to $afety....

Some of us prefer risk analysis. Though sometimes I think actuaries from insurance companies are involved.

Hmmmm... PAAA... would that would mean???

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #49 on: Jun 29, 2011, 08:56 »
Some of us prefer risk analysis. Though sometimes I think actuaries from insurance companies are involved.

Hmmmm... PAAA... would that would mean???

Ok I did my look up. What in the world is "Sandia"? lol Looks like an engineering firm, but I cant open their page for some reason.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?